06

"He had his arm around me the whole time!" Angel squealed through the phone after we both had been dropped off at our houses.

"That's great!" I said, trying to sound excited for her, but my mind kept drifting back to the kiss, every time I thought of it, my stomach flipped over and chills would go down my spine. I couldn't help but feel a little giddy with the whole thought of it.

"He's so sweet, and funny too!" Angel went on about Drew, but then paused to take a breath;

"So what happened with you and Theo?" She asked. "I saw you guys cuddling."

"Well...he..." I trailed off.

"Did he ask you to be his girlfriend?" She asked excitedly.

"No, not at all." I replied quickly, that thought never really came to mind, what if he did ask me to be his girlfriend, then what would I say? Well, I'd say yes of course, but what would happen? Theo was quite popular, and me being the new kid; wasn't so well known.

"So what happened?" Angel asked, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"He...he kissed me." I blurted out before I could chicken out.

"What? Oh my gosh that's amazing! You guys would be such a cute couple! I can't believe-" I heard her phone buzz from over the phone. "Uh oh," I heard her say.

"What? What's 'uh oh?'" I asked, concerned.

"Well, you know Delaney, she likes Theo." Angel replied, my stomach dropped, Delaney was one of the prettiest girls in the school, everyone loved her. She was gorgeous, thin, tall, shiny brown hair and pretty green eyes, she was super nice too, the kind of girl you'd want to be friends with.

"I don't care," I said, trying to sound disinterested.

"You sure?" She asked, suspicious.

"Yeah."

"Okay then."