Chapter 2: Stolen

A/N

"Lets go then..." Mom says.

We slowly get up and go to the door.

"Wait. I forgot something." I say running upstairs to my room.

I got to my jewelry box and opened the drawer. I grabbed the necklace my mom gave me when i was born. She was so lucky to be stolen by a nice person.

I put it on and run downstairs.

Mom looks at the necklace and her eyes fill with tears.

"You remembered" she whispers, pulling me into a hug.

"I'll never forget." I say.

Every girl is born on a different day of the year. But we all celebrate it on this day. Day of the thiefs we call it. Its really called day of the boys. No one but the government and political people call it that.

Our town only has 500 girls at the least.

"Ready?" dad asks.

"Ready." I respond.

We live a block away from the central area so we walk and dad pushes granny on the wheelchair.

We walk in silence. We have nothing to say.

Once we arrive there its hectic with all of the crying families and all the people. It wasn't like i'd expected.

It was big and there was a temporary building set up that a bunch of the guys are lining up by.

"Excuse me will you please tell me your name and i will give you your seat number." A lady from a table next to us said. She was dressed very silly. She was in a yellow jumpsuit and a red fedora.

"Taylor Johnson." i say to the strange lady.

"Okay seat 196 itll be on the fourth row. " She says back.

"Okay thanks." I say quickly turning on my heal.

"W-wait!" the lady says.

"Good luck sweetie..." she says. I nod. And slowly turned around.

My family an i went our separate ways.

I found my seat and sat down.

When Everyone was in their seats a lady in a nice dress walked up on the stage.

"Good afternoon seven teenies! Today you will be sitting in your seat All day untill a boy comes and finds you." She says. All day? "All of the boys will watch there video then will come and find you. It will take a while for your boy to find you so wait patiently and quietly."

Well what a great day. Just sitting here.

As I'm watching the boys go into the 'video room' one catches my eye. I'd never seen him before at school. Maybe he was home schooled.

He has brown curls going to just past his ears and is wearing a purple beanie. His arms are covered with tattoos.

Before i can examine him further he is ushered into the building.

Everyone that surrounds me has been stolen. I am the last upon everyone.

I sit in silence. Everyone has left town. It's just me. my family had to leave.

its 6:00 I think because all parents were forced to leave at 5:00 and its been a while since then. its starting to get dark and cold.

"Taylor?" a low raspy voice comes from next to me.

A/N

sorry for the bad chapter. I had to write it on my tablet because my mom took mummy phone away for no reason. ugh.

tell me what you think about this chapter. I know all of you know who's voice that was hence the title of the book.

I'll update soon!!!!

byyyeeee

Taylor XOXO