A Shift at the Diner

**Sang**

When I arrive at the diner I see North coming out of the kitchen with a tray of food. In those few moments where he doesn't notice me I watch him and the fluidity of his movements. The skillful way he holds the tray, and the way his shirt bunches up around the muscles in his arms makes me think of how lucky I am to have him in my life, to have them in my life. He finishes delivering the food, and as if he feels my gaze on him he turns towards me. If I could describe the wonder of looking at a shooting star it would be the same as looking into my North Star's eyes. The passion and power behind them is immeasurable, my powerful North Star, my fierce protector.

"Sang Baby, what are you doing here?" he asks.

As he walks towards me I'm reminded of why I'm here, "Oh! I just came from seeing Kota, I thought I could help out here until you get off..." I hope he doesn't mind me just showing up.

"No need, I get off in a couple of minutes, Si is coming by to hang out but we could do something else if you wanted."

The thoughtful way he thinks of me first just makes me appreciate him that much more, "No, that's ok. I'm ok with doing whatever you guys were going to do."

I can literally see the wheels turning in his head as he contemplates this option. I hope I haven't ruined whatever he has planned. And just that quickly his decision is made, "Ok, I'll let Silas know you're coming."

I appreciate him including me in his plans, but at the same time I can't help but wonder if I'm intruding on his life. It's the same thoughts I always have when thinking about how I've invaded their lives, how they just accepted me and all my problems without question. It makes my fondness for them grow so much more. With that I go to wait at the counter for North to finish his shift. As soon as I'm seated Silas walks through the door and I'm admiring his physic, if only he knew the affect he has on me. The way his hugs make me feel safe, loved and protected.

As his eyes land on me at the counter they visibly brighten, "Aggele Mou" he says as he walks up to the counter "I hear your going to spend the afternoon with us."

"Yea, if that's ok with you." I say hesitantly.

"Any time I get to spend with you is fine with me."

This immediately brightens my day and as I get off the stool I see North go over to a table off to the side. He talks to them for a bit and then motions for Silas and I to come over. North is talking to a girl and two guys. He introduces the two guys as Axel and Raven, and the girl as Kayli. As they stand up I notice that Axel is about Silas's height with strong Mediterranean features and jet black hair. Raven is in a word, massive, I thought that Silas was big with his Greek features, but Raven is pure mass with tattoos covering what I can see of his arms and has dark brown hair. Kayli is a little taller than me with dark brown hair and a slim build.

"So this is your little bird" Raven says to North with a thick Russian accent, "I'm impressed South."

With the way that North grunts in response I can tell that he is use to Raven making fun of his name, but I frown. Silas answers with "Yea, we're lucky to have her."

A spark of recognition flares in Kayli's eyes, "So you're the one who pulled the nail out of Marc's leg."

I immediately feel my face heat up as I say "Yea...that was me."

Axel must take pity on me because he says, "Don't embarrass her like that when it was you who put the nail there to begin with."

"For the last time, it was an accident! Like she hasn't done anything similar." She says nodding her head in my direction.

Silas chuckles and says "well there was that time she flipped North on his ass." And my face immediately gets ten times redder.

I look over at North pleading with my eyes at how sorry I am. "Don't worry Baby, I know you didn't do it on purpose."

I start to feel better until Silas says "doesn't mean it wasn't funny" and dodges a punch from North.

Kayli walks over to me and putting her arm around my shoulders says "Now this is a story I have to hear." I'm still a little hesitant about people other than the guys touching me, but Kayli's confident nature puts me at ease and I have no problem with it.

"Anyway I'm ready to do some shopping!" With a coy grin to Raven and Axel she turns us away and walks towards the doors of the diner. I hear their footsteps behind us and we all pile into North's Jeep with Axel riding shotgun, and Kayli and I sandwiched between Silas and Raven. Silas starts to tell the story of how I ended up in a sawdust pile and we drive away laughing, while North clutches at the steering wheel.