Kotas Inclusion

**Kota**

As soon as I drove away from Sang standing in my driveway all I wanted to do was go back to her. To hold her in my arms, to kiss her soft lips again. Our first kiss and already I was anxious for another. The only thing that crosses my mind on the drive is her. How her giggle is the most beautiful sound in the world, how bright her emerald eyes light up when she's happy, and how the reasons for her happiness include us. The way her blush spreads across her face when she's embarrassed, or that little pout she does when she's upset. God! No matter how much I think it's the most adorable face ever, I hate to see her in pain. I'd sell my soul if it meant keeping a smile on her face, I'd do anything for that girl. My girl. My beautiful little Ten.

I arrive at the place where I'm supposed to meet Mr. Blackbourne. It's a beautiful spot, a huge park surrounded by trees. The perfect place for an Academy meeting. I can see docks extending from the bank of trees every few yards, I suppose this helps keep the aspect of privacy. I park my car and get out to take in my surroundings; I see Mr. Blackbourne standing near a tall Oak tree staring out at the water. I approach him cautiously as to not frighten him.

"It's a beautiful day isn't it Mr. Lee?" he asks without turning around.

"Of course sir. But if I may ask, why are we meeting out here?"

"We're here because there's something we wish to share with you."

I wait a beat for him to continue, when he says nothing I ask, "We sir?" I don't see any other member of my team around so his statement has me confused.

"Mr. Griffin is waiting for you by the dock," he says, I shift my gaze from him to the water and see Nathan standing on the edge of the closest dock, his back to us. "I'll let him speak to you first, you can come back here when you're done."

Without further discussion I walk towards my best friend to see what is so important. He knows that he can tell me anything, why bring Mr. Blackbourne into this? It must be serious if we couldn't just discuss it amongst ourselves. Before he even gets to speak I make a vow to myself to hear what he has to say, because at the end of the day we're family, and family is a choice.

"Nathan?" At hearing my voice, he looks over his shoulder and gives me a small smile.

"Hey Kota."

I go to stand next to him on the edge of the dock. From past experience I know not to rush him, so I just stand there next to him enjoying the view. When he finally gets his thoughts together he says, "Remember when we were little, how after my mom left, Erica practically took me in as her own?"

I don't see where this is going, but it's better to let him get there in his own time, so with a smile of my own I reply "Yea, I remember."

"I use to be jealous of all the attention she gave you, knowing I could never get the same from my own mom."

He seems lost in his own memories I don't interrupt him. I'm not sure what this is all about, but if the look on his face is any indication, this is important to him.

"It took joining the Academy for me to realize that even though you were her blood son, she could love me just the same. *sigh* I need you to hear me out Kota, because what I'm about to say... just promise me you'll listen ok?" He looks to me for confirmation, and with a nod of my head he begins his story.