Chapter Two: Before the Beginning Continued

"Kei! Kei! By the Chaos! Kei, get up." Kei groaned, while rolling over to the other side of the bed. The voice kept on shouting at him, nudging to wake. He reached out and grabbed his second pillow, wrapping his fingers around it. The next time the voice yelled he chucked the pillow in the direction of the voice. The voice yelped and then a thud.

Kei sat up in his bed, rubbing his eyes. He noticed Kaya on the floor, rubbing her head. Kei raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you in my room?" Kaya blushed, and stammered some words that Kei couldn't make sense of. He chuckled at her befuddlement.

"Stop laughing!" Kaya was red in the face, but Kei noticed a sense of urgency in her words that wasn't usually there. Her eyes were swollen and tears glistened in her eyes and on her cheeks.” Dad ... Dad's been ... “Tears swam down her cheeks faster than before, she threw herself into Kei's arms like a child.

“What are you doing? What happened?" Kei felt something pull at his memory. There was something he desperately needed to remember.

Dad's ... dead." Whispered Kaya, her entire body trembling. Kei froze, all of his muscles seeming to be unable to move. At that moment all of his memories of the past night came flooding back to him. Ghunyan slipping poison into the wine. His father drinking it. Ghunyan's cold, merciless eyes. The more of the memories he remembered the larger he felt his anger rise. Yesterday he felt scared, helpless, and sad. But today he felt sad, ferocious and mad. No, he wasn't just mad, he was angry. He was furious. And there was one thing that he wanted more than anything he had ever felt.

"Ghunyan," Kei growled, anger seeping into his voice. Kaya looked up at him, and he saw concern in her face. But her concern soon replaced by a type of fear as she recognized the emotion that was only barely held at by in his eyes, she slowly backed away towards the door. Her feet were silent but Kei could hear her heart thud in her chest.

 Kei could almost feel his anger becoming something else, but his mind was too focused on his single objection.

"Kaya. No matter what, do not leave this room. Lock the door when I leave and do not open it for anyone." He glared at her until she nodded in consent. He relaxed his face for a moment and spoke softly to her. "Kaya, don't leave." Then he, without glancing at her, he walked right past her and into the foyer.

The hallways were deserted, not one living soul. Kei stormed down the stairs, feeling guilt for yelling at Kaya, but that was overwhelmed by his hatred for Ghunyan.

Kei spotted Ghunyan's study at the far side of the hallway. Ghunyan, I'm going to kill you! Kei didn't bother with the door handle, back kicking the door to the study wide open. Kei stood face to face with a surprised Ghunyan, as he entered the study. Ghunyan opened his mouth, starting to speak but Kei cut him off.

"Shut up, Ghunyan. After what you did, you don't even deserve to talk."

"I'm not following." Ghunyan opened his hands and put them above his head, as if saying that he was innocent to whatever Kei had in mind to accuse him of. Kei looked at Ghunyan's eyes and saw none of the merciless he had seen before. "By Lady Peace's sake, brother! Spit it out!”

“You killed father," roared Kei in anger. Ghunyan's face slowly changed into that of last night. His expression went from curiosity to panic to anger and then nothing but stone, his eyes regained that dead, merciless look.

 "You followed me," Accused Ghunyan.

"Chaos right I did.” Kei drew his sword and pointed it at Ghunyan. "And I'm going to kill you" Ghunyan laughed, breaking the emotionless look on his face.