Chapter Thirty-Four: The Feral Prince

Cyreen's face of terror and First's mangled body tormented him every second, even in his dreams. Everywhere he went her face appeared. Asking him why he was evil. Why he had murdered the First. Then the mangled body appears as it falls from the sky in a blur of body and blood. This dream reoccurred every time he closed his eyes.

Two months. He was left with two months. No matter how important Kaya was to him, he couldn't spend his entire time searching for her. According to Catrina, Ghunyan would be here in a matter of days. It was Kei's perfect opportunity to get revenge.

His eyes drifted to Rose who slept in his lap breathing peacefully and a weird feeling came over him. It would different than revenge and hate-that was for sure. Kei lifted his hand and stroked her hair.

"Who would have guessed," said Hilda, taking a seat on the chair adjacent to his. "That you would ever get a daughter? I still can't believe it even as she sits before my eyes."

"Hilda." Kei made up his mind. "I'll be gone for a long time soon. I want you to train Rose. I want you to give her the training of Hell while I'm away. But teach her other things as well. Not just fighting. I do not want her to be a fighting machine."

"A normal girl with assassin like skills?" She snorted. "I'll give it a shot. Why not?"

Kei gently lifted Rose from his lap and placed her on the floor before covering her up with a fuzzy orange blanket. After throwing more wood to feed the blazing fire, he wrapped his black cloak around his shoulders and grinned.

"I know this is sudden but if you hear anything that is in the slight bit worrying, get the Chaos out of here."

"Kei..." She hesitated for a second but nodded. "Whatever."

He opened the window and climbed to the top, the wind blowing against his face as the moon gave him little light. The idea for combining the powers came to him from the feeling Rose gave him and the mangled body that kept appearing.

All he had to do was aim all the hatred at himself. Make the guilds hate and fear him. Push the leaders' protectiveness into action. Well, that or they would all attack and kill him then get massacred by Ghunyan's army.

He thumbed the hilts of his two swords and leaped to the next roof. Wood creaked and cracked under his foot as rain buffeted his body from all sides.

Three men worked in the shadow of an alley. The first, a heavy set male with deep set eyes heaved a sac of gold onto his shoulders with a grunt and colorful choice words.

The second was much skinnier and wore what looked like a half eaten hat. Every few minutes he would lick his cracked lips only to have them split even further.

The third didn't matter-that man would die in a second. Just as predicted, the second man stabbed the third with a dagger. He swiftly ran the knife between the man's eyes and quickly wiped off the blood before sheathing it.

"Graeg, you were supposed to wait for the signal. Now ho' we suppose' to bring all 'em gold back?"

The skinny one, Graeg, shrugged and scratched behind his ear. "Who cares? The Abyssed traitor is dead. Killers doesn't handle 'is kind well."

Graeg was always like that. He never obeyed the leader's orders. One day soon he would get killed. Maybe then the Leader would promote Dillon. After all, he had been in the Killers guild much longer than Graeg.