m a r c h

connor march
the dreamer

nineteen year old ramona enters her room and is welcomed by the sight of bucky—yes she did name her puppy after an unstable, bipolar ninety nine year old who also has multiple personality disorders—chewing on a silver toy that she is most definitely sure she did not purchase for him.

when she finally manages to pry bucky away from the toy covered in slobber and is no longer aesthetically pleasing, she realizes that it is a miniature rocket, the size of her palm.

and ramona kavinksy remembers.

ramona kavinsky does not believe in love at first sight.

but she remembers that her first encounter with connor—ironically, on the month of march—became the very definition of love at first sight. or perhaps that was what a six-turning-seven year old's heart led herself to believe.

connor march was your typical eight year old boy with dreams of exploring the space beyond our planet. his love of space adventuring evoked a longing ramona is now ashamed to admit.

six year old ramona kavinsky, with her auburn brown mess of a hair styled in pigtails and a fringe that was too long and constantly brought an itch to her eyes, had hoped to see the same twinkle that lit up her neighbor's eyes—whenever they were in the treehouse his father had built in their backyard with a telescope installed under the small glass pane on the roof—when he looks at her.