p r i n c e

nicholas prince
the royalty

true to his name, nick was the prince to ramona's thirteen year old classmates. although, she supposed that he would've preferred his name to be nicholas king. ramona hated herself for admitting it, but nick was good at every single thing. too good.

he knew how to play several instruments expertly with his perfect hair and perfect set of pearly white teeth. it was no surprise when he joined the football team and won every tournament for the school.

what ramona was pleasantly surprised about was that he was terrible at english literature, which she was great at. that almost made up for all the times he would subtly boast about all his royal glory. almost. he could have given others a chance to be the best but he never did.

nicholas prince made everyone feel special. he was especially good at that. perhaps that was why ramona finally saw what his appeal was.

that is, after he kissed her. that was something ramona could never forgive him for doing, even to this day. she had imagine her first kiss to be with someone special, years into the future. thirteen was not the age she had wanted to lose her first kiss, she would have preferred to lose it when she reached the age of sixteen, if not, never. it was a dare, the kiss was a trick, she knew that. and it worked. his sneaky little trick worked. she finally saw him. she saw him as others did, he made her feel special. or he did.

ramona liked nick for the rest of 8th grade. when he started showing interest in her best friend, it helped her get over him. as sad as that sounds, she never truly did want to be with him, her back stabbing heart was at fault.

with nicholas prince, it was the happiest heartbreak ramona kavinsky had ever experienced.