l a n e

henry lane
the soulmate

there had only ever been two people in ramona's simple life who had called her pathetic. it was a shame how she ended up wasting her tears over them both. the second was henry lane, who—fortunately—didn't mean what he had said when he called her pathetic. he said that he was merely joking.

but it really wasn't ramona's fault that it took her such a long time to get over oliver. she had always believed that when you haven't seen someone in quite a long period of time, you'll forget them. eventually. but she didn't, not oliver. he had lingered in the back of her mind despite her not seeing him ever again after he flew back home. henry, along with zach, thought it was pathetic, though at least henry had the decency to sound a bit empathetic.

ramona kavinsky was certain that henry was her soulmate, he was her best friend after all. he had always been there for her, he was there even before connor. not to mention that he would have happily accompanied ramona whenever she was third-wheeling darcy and nick. she just never considered him to mean so much—he was always hiding in the background—until she turned seventeen. she never did let the guilt leave her as years passed, she believed that she deserved it.