Chapter 7

Grace's POV:

"What was that all about? Who was that boy?" June asked when we got back over to our friends.

"Boy? What boy?" Austin asked. He was a little on the protective side about me. He always has been, and I have no idea why.

"It's nothing. Just forget about it." I said to them.

"Alright." June said. We continued dancing around, having a few drinks here and there until we all became tired and decided to leave. Dan, Austin, June, and Amy were all a little tipsy. Kyle and I were the only sober ones, so we got them all outside and into their designated cars. Kyle drove the boys, and I drove the girls. Luckily, I still remembered how to drive for some reason. 

"Bye guys!" I said to them through the window of the car.

"Bye! See you later!" Kyle said to us through his window. We both pulled out of the parking lot and drove off.

"Gr...Grace. You got...gotta take me home." Amy slurred from the backseat.

"I know. That's what I'm doing." I said.

"Oh, okay." she said. June was mumbling random things in the back that I couldn't understand. It was something about being a model, and then zebras stealing her purse. I don't know. A few minutes later I pulled into Amy's driveway. She hopped out of the car and waved spastically then ran to her front door. When I saw her get safely inside, I backed out an drove off to June's house, which was like three houses down. I dropped her off and then drove another like two houses to my house. I parked in the driveway, and then went inside. It was about 11 o'clock so my parents were already asleep. I went upstairs and went straight to bed.

*************************************************************

I woke up the next morning with a slight headache, which was probably from last night. My phone buzzed next to me. I looked at it and saw it was a text from Amy.

To: Grace

From: Amy

Hey gurl!! Just wondering, if u want to hit the shops today? :)

I replied.

To: Amy

From:Grace

Hey! Yeah I would totally love to!! Is June going?

A few seconds later I got a reply.

To: Grace

From: Amy

Yep! So we'll meet u at your house!

To: Amy

From: Grace

Kk!! :)

I put my phone on my nightstand and got up to get ready. I decided to wear my black shorts and my black and white polka dot blouse. I threw on some makeup and curled my hair. Then I slid on my white wedges, and walked downstairs. I waited in the kitchen until I heard the doorbell. I went to the door and opened it. The person who stood there wasn't who I was expecting. It was Liam.

"What the hell?! Are you following me? I told you to stay away from me!" I said to him, backing away from the door.

"Grace, just give me a chance to explain." he said calmly, holding out his hands.

"No, there's noting to explain. You crashed the car, and it's your fault, and I don't want you near me." I said.

"Can you please just let me explain? It might make more sense after." he said pleadingly. I didn't reply right away. 

"Fine. But I'm only giving you ten minutes. My friends will be over soon." I said.

"Thank you." he said. Then he started explaining. "Grace, before the accident, I was your boyfriend. We had been dating for nine months. We were practically inseparable." he went on to tell me the reason why the accident happened, and about how he brought me to the hospital. He told me all of the things that we used to do together. He told me about the X-Factor, and what it's been like without me. Yet, during the whole time, I didn't remember any of it, which made it hard to believe. "And Grace, most of all I loved you from the start, and I still do. So please. All I'm asking is that you try to remember, because it's so hard without you. I know it's hard to believe right now, but I promise it won't be if you try to remember." he concluded. At this point I had tears building up in my eyes. This boy was a stranger to me right now, but apparently wasn't before. And he said he loved me. He was right. It was hard believing him.

"Liam........I'm touched. Really I am. And yes, I am having trouble believing you. But that's just because I don't remember. And from what you say, I wish I did. But if what your saying really is true, I'll try to believe it. But then again, that was before. I may have loved you before, and we may have been a together, but things change. Things aren't that same as they were before. I'm sorry." I said to him. I hated hurting him, but he needed to realize it.

"I understand." was all he said. Somehow we had moved to the kitchen and were sitting at the table. We both got up and started walking towards the door. Before we got to the door, he turned back around to me. "Oh, and one more thing Grace." he said.

'Yeah?" I asked. Then the next thing I knew Liam's lips were on mine. He moved his against mine, and at first I was startled. But after a moment, I couldn't resist, so I pressed my lips harder to his and moved them as well. The feel of his warm mouth on mine was strangely familiar. And I guess I kind of liked it. Oh who was I kidding. I loved it. The kiss just felt right. After what felt like minutes I realized what I was doing and pulled away suddenly and abruptly. I brought my hand up to my lips and felt where Liam's had just been.

"What did I just do?" I asked my self, forgetting Liam was standing right there. I looked up at him, and he just stared at me like he was waiting for my reaction. "Why did you do that?" I asked him suddenly.

"Grace....I'm sorry, I..I don't know what came over me." he said.

"You don't just go up to a girl and kiss them! It doesn't work that way!" I yelled.

"I know, I'm sorry. I won't do it again. Unless you ask me to." Liam said.

"What makes you think I'm gonna ask?" I asked him.

"I just know." he said with a smirk.

"I think you should go." I told him, opening the door.

"Yeah. See ya around." he said walking out the door.

"Ummm....yeah, right." I said.

"Bye, Grace." he said.

"Bye, Liam." I said. Then I put my hand on the knob and closed the door slowly. I left my hand on the knob for a second, and then put my back against the door. I leaned my head back, closed my eyes, and smiled. 

Liam's POV-

"I think you should go." Grace said, opening the door for me.

"Yeah, see ya around." I said, as I walked outside.

"Ummm....yeah, right." she said.

"Bye, Grace." 

"Bye, Liam." then she slowly closed the door shut. I turned around and leaned my back on the door. I smiled to myself, just thinking. She kissed me back. I was one step closer to getting her to remember me. The kiss felt right, it felt like old times. It brought back memories of the times we kissed before, when she remembered. And it was good.