Chapter 15

The next day:

Grace's P.O.V.-

I texted Liam this morning congratulating him about the X Factor, and it said he read it, but he didn't reply yet. I texted him again just in case, but there was no reply again. I gave up and continued staring out my window. I was waiting for Amy to come pick me up because we were going to a movie. All of a sudden a person on the street came into view. I recognized him as Liam.I immediately ran outside to him.

"Liam!" I called. He turned around to me as I came up to him. He just stood there and stared at me. "Why haven't you replied to my texts?" I asked him.

"Grace, I'm really not in the mood to talk right now." he said. He turned back around and continued walking away. I reached out and grabbed his arm to turn him around again. I pulled him back.

"Wait. I just wanted to congratulate you. You did amazing last night. And you made third place, that's pretty awesome." I said to him. I guess it was my effort of cheering him up.

'Yeah, but it's not first. It doesn't give us anything." he said.

"What are you talking about? Liam, people know you now. They know what you can do. You have fans out there. You can't quit on them just because you didn't win it all. You have a chance at being the next greatest boy band and you're just gonna throw it out the window?" I asked him. He just looked at the ground and shook his head, letting out a sigh. 

"Grace, you don't understand.....I...I have to go." was all he said. I stood there as he started walking away.

"So that's it." I said loud enough so he could hear. "I come out here to congratulate you, and you just blow me off. After all this time of you trying to get me back, trying to make me remember. The one time I'm coming to you, you just treat me like crap." I said. He stopped in his tracks. He paused, and then turned back around to me.

"What do you mean? Grace, I'm just not in the mood. I need some time alone. And I thought you hated me now." he said.

"Hated you? Liam I could never hate you. I know I yelled at you and I'm sorry. I was just really upset. But I don't hate you. I never did." I said. There was silence, and he just stared at me. "What are you staring at?" I asked him.

"I'm just trying to figure you out."

"What's there to figure out?" I was getting confused.

"Well one minute you're mad at me, and the next you pretend nothing happened. I can't tell if you want to be with me or not." he said.

"Of course I want to be with you Liam! But I just want to know you first. I want to remember you before I make a commitment."

"Yeah, but what if you never remember! Then you'll never be with me. And all of this will have been a waste."

"What do you mean all of this?" He paused before speaking.

"Everything I did was for you. I did things in hopes of you coming back to me. I did things in hope that you would see how important you are to me. I'm just afraid that you never will. I don't want to watch you go on with your life with someone else. I want it to be with me." he admitted.

"Liam, I don't know what to say. I wish I could remember, but I can't. Trust me, I've tried."

"Maybe you haven't tried hard enough." he said. I just looked at him shocked.

"How can you say that? I've tried so hard to remember you. After all you've told me about what my life was like, on top of getting my old life back, I am trying my hardest. You're so selfish! You only want me to remember you so I'll be with you. Stop pressuring me 'cause clearly it's not working. There is so much more to my life that I lost than just you. " I let it all out right there on the spot. I saw the look on Liam's face, and he looked shocked and hurt. After a long moment of us just staring at each other, I said one last thing.