Chapter 8

Grace's POV-

I went back into the kitchen to sit down until Amy and June came. I sat there just thinking about why that kiss had felt so familiar, so......right. Maybe what Liam told me was true. Maybe he really meant what he said about loving me. And I do want to go back to my normal life as best as I can, and apparently he was a big part of it. It's just, I don't know if I love him like I apparently did before. And I can't be with him, in a romantic relationship at least, if I don't love him. This was so difficult. The doorbell rang then, interrupting my thoughts. I got up and opened the door. This time it was June and Amy.

"Hey guys!" I said, opening the door wider for them to come in.

"Hey girl! Um, just to let you know, we saw that dude from the bar last night. We just saw him walking on the sidewalk while driving over here." Amy said.

"Oh, um yeah." was all I said.

"Do you have something to tell us." June asked. I nodded and told them what happened ten minutes ago, but I skipped the kissing part. I didn't know if I should tell them that much yet. I don't even know what it means yet, so I doubt they will.

"You never told us you had a boyfriend before!" June said when I finished.

"Well, in my defense, I didn't know." I said.

"You knew before the accident and didn't tell us." Any pointed out.

"Yeah, well I don't know why I didn't tell you guys. My mistake. But now you know, so can we just drop it." I said, not really enjoying this topic. 

"Yeah, let's go shopping. We can talk later." Amy said.

"Yeah, I'm in desperate need of a shopping spree. Let's go." June said. At that we all walked out the front door and to the car, and drove off to the mall.

"I'm nervous that he's like stalking you, or following you." Amy said. 

"He's not stalking me, Amy." I said defensively.

"Are you sure, cause he finds you in the bar, and then the next day he shows up at your house. Don't you find that a little creepy?" she asked. I was getting really angry at her for not dropping the subject.

"No, I don't. And he's doing those things not to be creepy, but because he loves me!" I blurted out.

"What?! He told you that?" she asked.

"Yes. He did. And the feeling might be mutual." I said.

"Grace, you barely even know this guy. How can you love him?" June said from the backseat.

"But I do know him, that's the thing. In some way, I still know him." I said.

"Grace, I feel like you're not telling us something." Amy said. 

"Yeah, you're hiding something." June said. These girls knew me so well. There was a slight hesitation. 

"We kissed." was all I said. I saw June's eyes go wide in the rearview mirror.

"What? Why?" Amy asked. I took a deep breath.  

"Look, he kissed me, and at first I was confused, but then I couldn't resist so I kissed him back, and it just felt right, and it felt so familiar to me. And I liked it." I said. "Can we just stop talking about it. You guys are supposed to be supportive about this, but if you're not gonna be, then just don't bring it up." I said.

"Grace, we are being supportive. But we just want what's best for you. We're a little over protective right now. What happened to you came as a shock to us and we just don't want anything to happen like that again." Amy said truthfully.

"Grace, we just got you back, and that boy was the one who was responsible for taking you away. But we'll try and be supportive if this is what you want." June said.

"The crash was an accident. He wouldn't do it on purpose if he loves me as much as he says. Let's just not talk about it anymore." I said. 

"Okay." June said.

"Okay." Amy said.

"Thanks guys." I said. 

*******************************************************************

Liam's POV-

After going to Grace's house I had to get to rehearsals. I was already late as it was, so I had to hurry. The boys were gonna be so mad at me. I got to my car that was parked on the street, and  then drove off like a maniac to rehearsals. Hopefully he boys would understand. Soon enough I pulled into the parking lot of the stadium. We got to practice on the stage today. I got out of the car and sprinted inside to the stage. When I got there, the boys were on the stage in the middle of rehearsal. They stopped mid song and stared at me.

"Guys, I'm so sorry I'm late. I had to do something, and it just took me a little longer than I thought it would." I explained.

"What did you have to do that was so important that you had to miss half of rehearsals?" Simon asked me.

"It was a personal thing. I'm sorry. But I can rehearse now." I said.

"Then grab a mic and get on that stage." he ordered.

"Right." I said walking over to the microphone stands. I grabbed one off a stand and walked onto the stage. The other boys watched me walk to my spot on the stage in between Harry and Zayn. 

"Something personal huh?" Harry leaned over and whispered to me while wiggling his eyebrows. I just rolled my eyes at him and his dirty thoughts. Sometimes I wondered how mature he really was. I shook off the thought as we started the song. I ha the first verse as a solo, so I began to sing, but I couldn't think of the next line in the song because I was too distracted. All I could think about was Grace.

"Stop, stop!" Simon yelled. The music stopped suddenly, as Simon walked up onto the stage. He walked right up to me. "Liam, what's going on with you? First you're late for rehearsals, and then you screw up the song. What's up?" he asked me seriously.

"I just had a really strange day so far Uncle Si. I don't know what's come over me." I said.

"Well you better hope it goes away before the actual performance, because if you do that during the real thing, we're not going through to the next round. Get your head straight. Let's run it again!" Simon said walking back off the stage, waving his finger in the air. The song started again. I focused and then began singing again. This time I did it perfectly, or so I thought it was pretty good. The song finished and I heard clapping. Simon was clapping from his seat in the front.

"That was perfect! If you do it just like that tomorrow night, you'll be golden!" he said. It made me feel good that we made him happy by our performance. We ran through it a few more times, until it started getting late. We were dismissed to go home. We all went back to my place because the boys were all very interested in knowing why I was so off in rehearsals. They all ended up crashing at my place, and all I could dream about was Grace.