✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) Know Your Enemies

“Isobel.” I stared at mine and Elena’s birth mother, my eyes looking her over. Her long dark hair was longer- and straight. She held an innocent look on her face, but I wasn’t buying it.

“Hello Electra.. Elena it’s nice to see you again.”

Jenna’s face instantly saddened as she looked towards Elena and I, “Again?”

My eyes instantly darted away from my Aunts. I knew I should have told her when Isobel had last come to town but- let’s just say she was stirring up too much trouble to begin with.

“So.. You’re the woman who’s dating my husband.” Isobel said tilting her head while staring at Jenna. I felt my own self flinch at her words, Jenna was about to speak but Isobel cut her off, “I need to speak with my daughters, may I come in?”

“No, no, no!” I protested as Elena did the same, “Don’t invite her in!”

Isobel sighed, “I only need to talk to you and your sister, Electra.”

“I said no.” I hissed before I slammed the front door in her face, pressing my back against the wooden door.

I looked up to see Jenna, tears in her eyes, staring at myself and my sister. Elena exchanged a worried glance with me before looking back at our Aunt. The last thing we wanted to do was hurt her.

“The two of you… knew she was still alive.”

I heard Elena from next to me take a long shaky breath.

“Rick… John, did they know?” Jenna insisted a tear falling down her cheek.

Elena held her tears, “Please Jenna just let us explain.”

“No Jenna please!” I protested as Jenna back away from us and ran up the stairs. I heard her bedroom door slam, causing me to flinch, “Jenna please… I’m so sorry.”

There was a knock at the front door, causing me to whip around and glare at the wooden object. She was only a nuisance.

~*~*~

I opened the front door for Alaric, Elena had called him about what Jenna had just witnessed last night with Isobel.

“Hey, is she up yet?” Alaric asked me, as he walked through the doorway and inside of the house.

Elena shook her head, “She won’t come out of her room.”

“What did the two of you tell her.”

“Nothing.” I replied with a scowl, “She won’t come out of her room, which means that we can’t fix this mess.”

“We have to fix this.” Alaric insisted staring up the stairs.

I nodded, “Yeah.”

All of the sudden Jenna came trotting down the stairs, her keys and bag in hand. She easily brushed past Elena and I, ignoring our ‘hellos’.

“Jenna..” Alaric began.

“I don’t want you here Rick, you need to go.” Jenna said avoiding eye contact with all of us, as she threw her bag on the rug by the door.

“Jenna, I can’t even begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now.” Alaric said to my aunt with a concerned look.

Jenna turned around and glared, “Rage and betrayal would pretty much cover it.”