✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) The Sun Rises

I sat next to Jenna and Elena. My heart pounded wildly in my chest, she was transitioning. My aunt, was becoming a vampire. How could this happen?

The noises of the background, didn’t disturb me. I was frozen- beyond frozen, I was paralyzed. I couldn’t move, or even speak. Damon. Was the only thing on my mind at the moment.

Was he- no. I couldn’t allow myself to think like that. Damon wasn’t dead. He couldn’t be, he would survive this. Even if his plan had failed, he should still be alive. Shouldn’t he?

“Oh my head.” Jenna complained, causing my eyes to flicker towards her, “What’s wrong with me?”

“Do you remember what happened?” Elena asked.

“You called me.” Jenna told Elena, causing my lips to come to a hard line. Katherine. “You were so scared. Oh, ah, I should have realized it wasn’t you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire.”

“Klaus…” I uttered the word weakly.

I was surprised. I was never weak, and at the moment I was as fragile as piece of glass. I was on the verge of shattering. All I needed was a small push.

Jenna’s lip quivered, “He made me drink his blood. And I don’t… I don’t remember anything after that.” She then looked around confused by our surroundings, “Where are we? What happened?”

“We’re at the quarry.” Elena replied, glancing at me, “He brought the three of us here.”

“Why don’t I remember anything?” Jenna insisted.

Elena glanced at me nervously before her gaze dropped. I could feel a pang in my heart. How would we be able to tell her this?

“Jenna…” I whispered my voice shaky, from all of my thoughts, “Do you remember what we told you?… On how you become a- a vampire?” I bit my lip.

Jenna nodded, “Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system it’s, oh god… He killed me.” She started to ramble.

“Jenna listen to me- listen to me.” Elena spoke fast and fluent, “It’s going to be okay, we’re going to get you out of here.”

“I’m a vampire?” Jenna breathed, scared.

“And I bet you’re hungry.”

Her voice, I wish I was a vampire at this moment. I would have killed her by now. I glared at the witch named Greta, as she walked towards us.

Elena and I exchanged looks before her brown eyes landed on a medium sized rock. I nodded and she darted for it only to thrown through the air, by a wave of the witch’s hand. I ground my teeth and jumped for the rock.

I grasped it in my hands before getting to my knees. I gripped the stone so tight that my knuckles cracked. I cocked my arm back to throw, but soon I flew backwards as well. I hit my head on the hard Earth, as the rock went flying. I sat up instantly ignoring the throbbing.

A second later a fire surrounded me, in the shape of a circle. The heat radiated towards me, but at the moment that was the least of my worries. Frustrated, I jumped towards it, not caring if it would burn me. I couldn’t move past it, although the heat grew more intense, I didn’t burn. It was almost like the time when Bonnie locked Elena and I inside the house.

“Damn.” I muttered.

Greta smirked, “Don’t bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You’re trapped, no matter what you do.”

“Greta please just let Jenna go.” Elena begged from the circle beside me.

Greta didn’t listen. She instead knelt down and picked up a rock from the ground before cutting into her wrist. Blood trickled down, causing my stomach to turn by the sight of the liquid.