✡A Sacrifice For Love✡ (Damon Salvatore) The Final Day

“Tonight is the full moon.” Elijah stated, “We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse.”

Stefan then spoke up, “Electra informed us this morning that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it’s actually just a curse placed on Klaus.”

“Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it… he’ll be a true hybrid.” Elijah clarified to Elena and Stefan as we all stood in the library.

Damon.. Wouldn’t get out of bed when I did. He had returned to his stubborn self after last night. To tell the truth, he was still completely upset with me for trusting Elijah.

“Then why are we letting him break the curse?” Damon asked entering the room, his lips were pressed to a hard line, “We can kill him today. With Bonnie.” His eyes reached Stefan’s.

“Damon-” Stefan began.

I cut him off, “Bonnie isn’t going to use that much power, Damon. It’ll kill her, and I’m not allowing that to happen.”

“I’ll write her a great eulogy.” Damon argued.

“It’s not an option, Damon.” Elena snapped, her eyes cut like slits as she narrowed her eyes. I would’ve flinched under that look, but not Damon. He just glared back.

“Alright, how do we break this curse?” Stefan asked looking towards the only Original in the room.

“Well the ritual itself relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know.” Elijah replied.

“The moonstone.” Stefan stated.

Elijah nodded, “A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that’s bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each.”

“And where do Electra and I fit into it?” Elena asked.

“Elena you- are the final part of the actual ritual,” Elijah stated as he walked over to a shelf and picked up a wooden box, “Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger… to the point of your death.”

Elena visibly gulped. Stefan instantly took her hand in his own trying to comfort her, but I knew there wasn’t any. Nothing could make this okay.

“And Electra?” Elena practically squeaked.

“The same.” Elijah said, as he stared at the box, “After your death Klaus must instantly drink Electra’s blood in order for him to receive the full power that The Gifted One offers. But- because of her strong essence it will be so to say a harder process.”

I could feel Damon’s eyes on me, but I avoided it. I already knew that my death would be the most painful. Katherine had informed me of that long ago.

“But that’s where you come in.” I spoke up, looking at Elijah, “To save the doppelganger.”

“Save the doppelganger?” Elena asked in a near whisper, “What about you, Electra? What’s going to happen to you?”

I lied with a smile, “I’ll be fine, Elijah and I have it all figured out.”

Elijah nodded and then opened the wooden box. He pulled out an jar. I figured that must have been the potion or whatever that the witches had made for Katerina.

“This is an elixir that I acquired some five-hundred years ago.” Elijah held the bottle of elixir up so everyone in the room could see it, “It posses mystical properties of resuscitation.”