P A R T 1 7

Character switch Rose)

This can't be true, I thought. Dally had to remember me. What we had was too strong. He can't just forget the whole thing. The more I thought about dally'a reaction and the nurses words,'memory loss' I just kept crying harder and harder. I walked out of the hospital and was siting in a curb. I got up and went to the Curtis house. No one was there except Pony and Darry. I explained everything and they were worried. "I don't know what I'm gonna do, he..he's the love of my life and now he won't even remember me.." By now my eyes were puffy, cheeks tear stained, and my heart was crushed. Darry and pony tried to calm me down but I just cried into pony's shoulder. An hour later the phone rang. I shot up and then Darry answered it. "Yes.. Yes she's right here." Darry put the phone down and told me it was the hospital and they needed to speak with me. I took the phone and said hello. "Yes hi, Rose is it? Any Who I'm here to speak to you about Dallas Winston." "Okay." "So let's see how long have you known Dallas?" "For almost 3 years." "And has he ever hit his head badly?" "Well he's been in a lot  of fight if that's what you mean. So yeah he's been busted pretty bad." "Oh okay. Thank you for the information. We are still unsure if his memory will come back or not at this point, but we will give you further information when we know." "I thanked the lady and hung up the phone. As I went back down to sit on the couch, I thought to myself if this would really be how dally was forever. He wouldn't remember the way he would act around me or even the rest of the gang. "Pony, what if dally'a memory never comes back? What if he never remembers us? What if-" "That's not gonna happen!" Darry said rather sternly at me. "Rose just stop jumping to conclusions, you never know what could happen and God willing he will come back to us."

------------------[author's ---------------note]-----------------

OKAY--- guys I'm soooooo extremely sorry.. I haven't been active in a couple months now and I feel so bad because you guys were telling me to update and I didn't. It's just cause I had school work and especially because I had testing finals. And I know that's not an excuse. But I just really hope you guys aren't mad. I WILL update more frequently I PROMISE! and once again I'm sorry you guys.