Chapter three

My darling Avani, sweet and spicy all in one.

Perfection is one way to describe you.

You're a gift from god.

Sent down from the heavens above.

You're our own personal little angel.

Mommy and Daddy love you so much.

We are so happy that you are ours forever and ever.

Goodnight my sweet child.

Sleep by candlelight.

And when you wake up we'll be here to give you our tender love.

The enchantment of my parent's voices lingered at my ears as I listened to them sing me sweet, sweet verses. Complementing the perfect ambience to witness a tranquil night, with the moonlight sheering through my white silk curtains. The satin sheets brushed at my skin like a nonchalant breeze by the serene ocean. As my parent's voices slowly faded in amongst my thoughts. I glimpsed up at the constellations through my window, wait... I don't have a window in my room, let alone silk curtains. At the sudden realization I vaulted out of the bed, the temperature ascending beneath my feet instantaneously sending shivers up my spine.

"Cold, cold, cold, cold," I whispered to myself. Gradually slipping my converses on that were neatly placed at the edge of the bed and made my way out of the exquisitely designed bedroom. I tiptoed down the hall that was on the other side of the door. "Aunt Rani!" I called out in a hushed tone, where could this woman be? It wouldn't surprise me if she is somewhere around here trying to sell her cupcakes.

"This is absurd, Elijah!" The deep cavernous voice bellowed down the hallway. I froze startled at the sudden outburst. "You expect me to marry a complete stranger?"

"It's what your father wanted," Elijah's voice was seemingly disconcerted. Could this be who I think it is? The Prince perhaps? I was told just a few hours ago, that the Prince had accepted the agreement that our fathers had formed. But by the tone and humor in his voice, Elijah isn't as trusting as I assumed he was.

"I never knew my father had such a cruel sense of humor." He stammered out a hard chuckle, sounding as if he was in a bubble of disbelief.

"I have told Avani that you are agreeable upon marrying her, what should I tell her if-" The truth would be more than fine, I could have accepted at that time to a man, oblivious to knowing.

"Well, you can tell this A.va.ni that the Prince is now disagreeable upon marrying her." The smart remark made my stomach churn and I felt like crawling into the comfort of Aunt Rani's arm.

"Christian Louis Marcus Laveena. Stop acting like a child and start taking responsibility." I recognized Elle's soft but stern voice.

"I am nineteen, hardly capable of taking responsibility of anything, yet you expect me to marry a complete stranger. She could be an assassin for all we know."

"The only thing I expect you to do is make the right decision. For the sake of your father's legacy and Dazianna." There was a short silence before the Prince spoke once again.

"This girl... Avani, who is she? Am I marrying a nobody?" Nobody? I thought furiously, anger instantly fueling my desire to pummel the prince to a pulp. Not literally of course. I'm all for imagination.

"She is a beautiful young lady, Christian. What's inside is what really matters."

"This is unbelievable... you are all unbelievable. This is beyond-"