Chapter seven

Although the wedding dress that I had bought for the special event, happening in approximately one week - Also acknowledged as my wedding/coronation as Princess - Is beyond stunning. I am undoubtedly contemplated if I had made the right decision of doing so. On the obvious fact, that Pia had just dropped me off home and Aunt Rani's face of fury was awaiting me on the other side of the brick wall. How on earth am I to explain anything that happened today? Hey, Aunt Rani, after considering every possible outcome, I have decided to marry the Prince, ignoring every part of me that said NO, NO, NO and just going for it. Because I'm an idiot. seems understandable, right? Well... let's hope so. I wrenched open the door to the restaurant, grasping in my arms the wedding dress, which was impossible to hide.

I shuddered at the amount of noise that engulfed my ears, I forget tonight was a busy night. I stumbled in and as per usual it was overfilled with our typical customer's. The elderly couple, Mr. And Mrs. Anderson, who live a few blocks down. The Monicha family, which consist of Mr. and Mrs. Monicha and their eight bundles of joy - as they call them - Four sets of twins. Sebastian and Evie, who are thirteen. Sasha and Jerimiah, ten. Caitlyn and Desiree, who are four and the one-month old's Jacelyn and Mia. I always admire what a perfect family they are. A few of Aunt Ranis friend's families were also enjoying her infamous fish bouillabaisse.

"Avani, how have you been, beautiful girl?" Mrs. Anderson greeted me with a hug, after seeing me awkwardly standing at the door. The smell of lavender and peppermint filled my nostrils as I inhaled her scent. I always loved the way she smelt.

"I'm good, thank you, Mrs. Anderson." I lied.

"What's that you have there, love? You planning on getting married?" Mr. Anderson teased, with a soft chuckle as he gurgled down his beer.

"Oh, um... No, sir," I lied again, hiding the dress behind my back.

"Avani would have told us if that was to happen, right Vee?" Mrs. Monicha asked proudly as she struggled to hold both baby Jacelyn and Mia who were squirming in her arms for a feed.

"Of course," another, lie left my foul mouth. With my eyes cast downwards, I started for the stairs to my room, ashamed of myself and also afraid that Aunt Rani could come in at any moment.

"Vee, is that you?" Aunt Rani appeared through the doors that separated the kitchen and dining area.

"Yes, I'm just going to go and -" I tried to quicken my pace.

"What's that?" She furrowed her eyebrow at me, I stopped dead in my tracks and whizzed around to face her.

"Nothing... I mean, it's something but I'd rather show you later."

"Is that a wed..." she glared at the white fabric I held in my hands. "Excuse me, Everyone. I have some important matters to discuss with my niece," Aunt Rani said between a gritted smile. She swiftly grabbed my arm, pulling me up the stairs after her. The tightness of her grip required me to wince in discomfort.

"I can explain," I articulated.

"What the hell, Vee?" she said as she closed my bedroom door. "What happened to time and considering? And life and future and me and your mother and -"

"I had to -"

"You didn't even discuss this with me, do you know how that makes me feel? To be left in the dark," she frantically paced back and forth, mumbling what sounded like profanities.

"I wasn't sure until today when the Queen -" She gradually interrupted me a second time.

"The Queen? Did she force you into this?"

"No, Aunt Rani." I released the dress, forcing it to the ground and sat on my bed. I sighed heavily before continuing. "The decision was solely mine, she just made me see the bigger picture."