19

We got home and I seen my mama car outside. I got out the car fast and ran in the house. I didn't want them to see my mamas powder. I checked around and seen that there was none in plain sight.

"Wat the hell, Aery??" Kaymine yelled as her and Stylz came in confused.

"Ummmm..I thought I left the stove on.." I lied.

"Umhum..." Stylz said unconvinced.

I went upstairs to tell my mama that my nigs were here. I opened the door and she was sprawled across the bed. She had powder on her nose.

"Ma?" No answer.

"Ma??!" I yelled stepping farther in the room.

"Mama??!!! Wake Up!!" I shook her arm. She didn't move and she was..cold. I started crying cuz I knew.

"MAMA!! Please wake up!! Please.. I need yu... I told yu Ma...I told yu!! I begged yu to stop!!! And yu didn't. Oh God wat am I supposed to do without yu ma??"

By that time I was hysterical. I watched my tears fall on my mama cold skin. I knew she was dead. I just didn't wanna accept that.

"Aeryelle why yu yel- OH MY GOD!!! CALL THE AMBULANCE!!" Stylz yelled to Kaymine.

Kaymine walked in with the phone to her ear.

"Wats going on?? OHH GOD... We need an ambulance !! Please hurry!! I think she's dead!!" Those last couple of words echoed in my ear...

I sat there kneeling next to my mother's bed stroking her chilled cheek. She is so beautiful... I started to reminisce on the Good times... I sat there and stroked her cheek until two men pulled her off of the bed from the other side..

Kaymine and Stylz were crying. I followed the men and got in the ambulance with my mother. They had already put her in the black bag. We reached the hospital and they let the doctor see her. He confirmed that she was no longer with us. And at that moment I no longer had feelings. The doctor asked how old I was and I gave him my age. He said that I was to young to handle funeral details. He then asked if there was an adult that cud...I told them to call Erykah. Ray's Ma. I gave the number and he told her to hurry to the emergency wing.

About ten minutes had passed. Ray and Erykah ran in and saw me. She ran up to me.

"Wats wrong baby?? Is everything okay?? " I didn't answer.

"Ms. Lopez?" The doctor asked.

"Yes?"

"Wat is your relationship to Karrie Fulton?"

"She is my best friend and neighbor.. Why??"

"I am terribly sorry..but she has passed of an overdose."

Erykah couldn't move. But all of a sudden she started to fall to the floor but Ray caught her. She then started to cry. Ray cried to. Everybody cried but me. I was tired of crying.

Erykah got up and the doctor helped her to the back.

Ray came and sat next to me.

"I know I'm the last person yu wanna talk to right now..but I'm sorry for your loss. Karrie was a good friend to me and my mama.. "

I just sat there.

"Why was she using?"

I just looked at him and he knew the answer to his question.

"Ohh...I forgot.." came out of his mouth quietly.

Me, Ray, Stylz and Kaymine sat in the waiting room.