Chapter 10

Kaseys point of view:

"So uhh.. When do you wanna meet up for our project?" Michael asked me as we sat down at the lunch table.

"Umm.. I don't know you could come over after school today if you'd like." I told him with a smile, while I pulled a turkey and cheese sandwich out of my lunch sack. A slight grin appeared on his face and he nodded.

"Yeah that would be great!" He replied with a little too much enthusiasm. I laughed and he began to aggressively tear into the pile of mush that the lunch lady's put on his plate. Beside me Calum sat tense with his hands in his laps, and his food remained untouched.

"Cal you okay?" I asked him nudging him with my elbow, as Cat, Dani, and Luke joined the table.

"Huh?... Uhh.. Yeah yeah I'm fine." He attempted to convince me but it didn't work well, because I didn't believe him. I knew something was wrong but I didn't want to push it. I looked over at Michael who quickly wiped his mouth to rid it from the crumbs that lingered around his mouth.

"Why's Calum so worried?" I asked him in a quiet voice making sure Calum couldn't hear.

"He's probably worried about James." He whispers back leaning in my ear.

"James?" I question raising an eyebrow.

"Danielle's ex," he explained, "the guy he's partnered up with for chemistry."

"Ohh," I exclaimed feeling stupid, "I didn't know his name." He gave a smile and continued eating.

"What's wrong lad?" Ashton asked Calum as he sat down with his drumstick in his hands, but without any lunch.

"Dammit this chemistry project!" He growled hitting his hand on the table making me jump, and Luke and Cat were pulled out of their flirty Conversation.

"Umm... What's wrong with it?" Ashton asked looking like a deer in headlights.

"I fucking got paired up with James!" He complained.

"Wait... James, James?" Ashton questioned gesturing towards Dani. Who's face was drained of color and her mouth hung open in shock.

"YES! That James!" Calum yelled letting his anger get the best of him, as he shoved his plate across the table and stormed out of the lunch room.

"No..." I heard Dani mutter under her breath as she ran after him. The rest of us were left there speechless.

"What did James do to her?" I asked clueless, not understanding why this was such a huge deal. Me Cat and Dani were best friends so I was confused why they didn't tell me about James.

"Literally the only person that knows is Calum." Cat sighed, "she refuses to tell anyone else, and I don't know why." She went on, and I nodded. I didn't know how bad this situation was, and I wished I knew what happened but I understood how she felt.

I looked back at Michael who gave me a faint smile that immediately brightened my mood. I swear anything he did could put a smile on my face.

"What time should I be there?" He asked me snapping me out of my daze.

"Where?" I questioned clueless. Not only could Michael make me happy just by looking at him, but he could make me forget what was going on in an instant.

He laughed a little before responding, "To your house... You know for our project." He hinted with raised eyebrows.

"Ohhhh," damn how stupid was I , "yeah um is 6:00 good?" I offered