Chapter two

"Hi Draco!" a voice called out. Draco turned around and saw Pansy Parkinson. "Woa..." Draco was different. Anyone who knew him would see that. He just didn't quite know in what way. He certainly didn't expect Pansy to drawl over him even more than she did before. Draco looked into her eyes, but nothing happened. He sighed in relief. At least she wasn't his mate. He sat down with her, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle.

"Mate," Blaise began, Draco cringing at his wording. "What the hell happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"You look... Different."

"I think he looks perfect," Pansy said.

"Uh... Thanks Pansy." She leaned in towards him, putting her hands on his shoulder and grinning. Much to his dismay, she stayed like that for the rest of the train journey.

A week later, Draco woke up to a slight headache. He groaned. This was the punishment for not finding his mate. He got up and went to the room of requirement. He pushed open the door and was startled to see someone already in there. He sat in a empty room, cross legged, head down.

"Piss off," the figure said. Draco new that voice. It was... Potter.

"What are you doing, Potter?" He looked up, and as soon as there eyes met Draco fell to the floor, whimpering in agony. There was a sharp pain in his chest.

Harry was in pain too, but obviously not as much as Draco. He was the veela, after all.

"Draco! Are you... Are you okay?" Harry exclaimed, running over to him. Draco didn't even realise he had used his first name. Harry knelt over him, unsure of what to do, and rested a palm on his head. Immediately the pain subsided.

Draco sat up, slightly bewildered. A bell rang somewhere in the castle.

"Draco, we have to go. We have potions next, together. Snape may let you off but if I'm late it's at least ten points from Gryffindor." Draco stood up, feeling perfectly normal, but as soon as Harry was ten feet away from him, he started to feel faint.

"Harry," Draco began, almost hoping Harry wouldn't hear him. Harry, who did hear him, started at Draco's use of his first name, then nodded. "I-I think you're my mate." They reached the classroom, and went off to sit at there seats, close enough for Draco to feel no pain, Draco nervous, Harry bewildered.