Chapter fourteen

Harry POV

I sit on the train with Draco, Hermione and Ron. Draco is practically on my lap, Hermione is talking and Ron is... He's frowning. At us. My eyes narrow. Ron's been okay with everything. He had a little trouble with Draco at first but now everything's fine... Isn't it? I shake my head. Ron's probably just troubled over something else. I turn my attention back to Draco.

He is utterly gorgeous. He's grown over Christmas and is about a head taller than me. He shoulder length hair is so blonde it's almost white, and it's silky to the touch which makes me want to run my hands through it all the time. His pale blue eyes are glistening and he is laughing his adorable laugh which makes me want to smile. If anything took that laugh away from me... I don't know what I'd do.

We arrive at Hogwarts and I bump into Luna in the corridor.

"Harry!" she squeals, pulling me into a bone crushing hug. I hear Draco growling behind me. He's so adorable when he's jealous! I pull away and lean against Draco. He puts an arm around me possessively.

"Hi Luna," I say. "How was your Christmas?"

"It was great! My father gave me a special sensor for hodlims!"

"What are..." Draco began.

"Funny creatures. Invisible to the naked eye, but if they get to close they make your knees itch. Bye then Harry, Draco."

"Bye Luna!"

--Time skip--Next day--

"Hi Harry!" Katie Bell walks up to me.

"Oh hi Katie. What's up?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to play seeker for Gryffindor this year?"

"I would love to. When's practise?"

"After last class today."

"I'll be there. See you later!"

"Bye Harry." I go to the room Draco and I share and see him sitting on the bed.

"Hi love."

"Hey baby." I sit down next to him and press my lips against his. He pulls away before my tongue can become involved.

"Tease," I whisper into his ear and bite his love softly. He shudders and purrs. I love that sound. "I have transfiguration now. I can't be late." He places his lips on my neck and suck gently.

"Two minutes."

"Okay."

--Time skip--After school--

"Hey guys," I say, strolling up to the team.

"Hi," Katie says. "I have some drills for you. Basically I'm going to pretend I'm the Slytherin seeker, and we're going to race for the snitch. Is that okay with you?"

"Sounds good." She releases the snitch into the air and it flies away as Katie and I zoom after it.

Soon we are shoulder to shoulder, whizzing around the pitch almost glued to each other. I hadn't realised Katie was such a good seeker. I feel her eyes on me and I look at her. The result is we almost crash into the stands. We fly down to the ground.

"Sorry about that," Katie says. "I got distracted."

"By what?"

"You." How am I meant to respond to that? "You're really great, Harry. It's a shame you're forced with Malfoy."

"What's wrong with Draco?"

"Nothing. It's just... I think you deserve better than the son of a Death Eater." Before I have a chance to reply, Katie smashing her lips against mine. I want to duck out of it, but she's got me trapped against a wall. Eventually I manage to push her away, but it's too late. I hear a strangled sob and see my mate running away.