Chapter three

"Hermione," Harry whispered, careful not to let Snape hear him. "If someone has a mate... What does that mean?"

"Well lots of creatures have mates. Veelas are the most well known for having them. When a veela's inheritance kicks in, each day without their mate will get harder to endure. When they find their mate, if he or she rejects them, in any way, they can die in less than a day. Basically a veela's mate is like a partner, but a lot more serious."

"So- it's like a boyfriend or girlfriend?"

"I guess you could put it that way. But they can't choose their mate."

"Why, are you Ginny's mate?" Ron whispered.

"N-No. Malfoy's." Ron gasped, getting a glare from Snape.

"Harry! You are going to reject him right? I mean you're straight! And dating my sister!"

"O-of course." Harry had different thoughts in his head, but he wasn't about to tell Ron that. Suddenly there was a crash, as Draco passed out.

----

Draco wasn't paying attention to whatever Snape was saying. He was eavesdropping on Harry's conversation with the mudblood and the weasel. They were talking about mates... Draco's heart sped up. Then came the fatal words: 'of course', and Draco couldn't take it.

A/N sorry for the short crappy chapter! I am going to update straight after this though because I am bored and wanting to write about the gorgeous ship that is drarry!