Do I Love Him?

I was still flustered because of what had happened earlier but it was late and I needed sleep. Rogue hadn't left yet he just sat on the small chair in the corner waiting, staring out the window as if something were going to happen.

"Rogue, I think I'm gonna try to get to sleep, do you plan on staying in here or something?" I asked placing my hand on his shoulder and snapping him out of his trance.

"I- we don't know of its safe yet I don't wanna leave and you get hurt or taken but tomorrow I want to go to the council and tell them about the Nephi farm I want them to get everyone out of there." He said standing up but sitting back down earning a confused look from me.

"So you are staying in here?" I said as he looked back up at me with a smile.

"Yes, I don't want you alone until we can get them either locked up or shut down. I want you safe." As he said this he grabbed my hand and stood up lightly pulling me into his chest wrapping his arms around me.

"You need to sleep to, you shouldn't sleep in a little wooden chair like that." I said looking to the ground blushing .

"The beds too small for two people and I'm not leaving so I can deal with a little chair." He said looking to the side in attempts to avoid letting me see the blush spreading across his cheeks up to his ears. Noticing this I decided to tease him a little so I reached up and pinched the top of his ear.

"Don't go getting all shy on me now the beds not small I am it's a one time thing so suck it up buttercup." I said with a slight smile as he started laughing to the point where he tried to back up and tripped causing him to try and catch his balance as we both fell to the ground with him on top. We stayed like that for a few seconds until Rogue stood up quickly and bowed his head helping me up.

"S-sorry." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's fine, now are you gonna share the bed with me or are you gonna keep being stubborn?" I asked looking up as him with a smile.

"Alright you win I'll share the bed b-but just this once." He said blushing once again.

"Thank you, good night Rogue." I said crawling into the bed and sliding over leaving enough room for him to slide in next to me. I pulled the covers up to my chin and curled up in a little ball as I quickly drifted off to sleep.

"Good night Iris." I heard Rogue mutter as I felt the bed sink down next to me and Rogue scooted close. What seemed like hours passed as I lay there in the dream. Everything was dark as I turned in circles trying to find the source of the voice calling out.

"Iris, Iris, over here Iris. Why do you choose to ignore me. Use your power you know who I am." Mocking me in that same dream I always have over and over again. I began to toss and turn as I felt two strong arms wrap around me and a new setting arose. I was in a field, no a meadow surrounded by purple and white Iris'. But I wasn't alone I began to turn around when someone gently, as not to scare me, placed their hands over my eyes as I felt their cool breath on my neck.

"Rogue." I muttered in anticipation in not the dram and in reality. As a reply I heard them both say.

"I'm here, I'll never leave your side, I promise." As he spoke I felt him lean in and press his lips against my forehead as the dream went dark and I truly fell asleep for the first time since leaving the orphanage.

Rogues POV

"Please sleep well Iris, I want to be the reason you can sleep at night, like this in my arms. I feel as if noting could harm us while we lie here like this, together." I spoke as I lean towards her and kissed her forehead. I had never felt so strongly about anyone before this, I loved her and I knew that but the only question I had was. Did she love me? As she softly muttered my name she curled up close to my chest and lie there silently.

Iris POV

As I lie there close to Rogue I could hear his heart beating as my surroundings faded away and all I could focus on was the sound of him silently breathing. I wasn't having any dreams just sleep and the thoughts of being next to Rogue. In all of this I hadn't noticed how his feelings had grown, I didn't notice my feelings. I had always wondered why whenever I was near him my heart would pound, why my breathing hitched, why I couldn't ever find the words to say to him. Was it because I felt the same way? Do I love Rogue, or am I just over thinking it to spare his feelings. I knew I liked Rogue but has that grown since I started living at Sabertooth? He's always so kind and gentle towards me and hadn't ever made me mad. He always knows what to say to cheer me up. He's funny, and sweet, I-I do love him don't I. How could I not like, love someone that I can only say positive things about. Ugh, brain make up your mind. All I could do was let my mind run wild as I slept but as long as it was next to him I could deal with a little restless sleeping. I yawned and scooted closer to Rogue as I buried my face in his chest and my Ming went blank.