5. ✉️

Charlene

After successfully loading my belongings into the back of the über suv, I hopped inside and sat in the back, reaching into my sweater pocket for my phone. I opened our messages and toke his address for the driver.

"Where to?"

"Twenty-seven maple town, please."

"Alright." He responded, punching digits into the gps.

I hated that we lived far from each other, it was always so hard to meet up. Even at times I had some regret taking my job because it separated us, but the fact that I worked so hard for my promotion drove me to take it regardless, and I thank God Chris understood that.

half an hour later

Charlene:
I'm here, open the door

Immediately after hitting send, the read receipt popped up and I soon heard feet rushing down the steps. I blushed at his thrill, hiding my smile behind my cupped hand.

Seconds later the door had flung open, revealing Chris himself with a curled grin from ear to ear. I laughed some more into my hands as he then opened his arms, seizing me into his warm, toned chest. The more I smiled, the more I fought to hold in my tears. Words couldn't begin to describe how happy I was to see him again.

He pulled away and looked me in the face for a few seconds while his arms still held me close, "Still beautiful." His mouth stretched into a smile, showing me his adorable crooked front teeth.

"Oh stop it, Chrissy boo." I laughed, watching his smile quickly melt away. I laughed even more at his irritation, it was always fun annoying him. "I bet you want me to go back home now, don't you?" I teased, releasing him and picking one of the many bags that crowded around me.

"You calling me them corny ass names ain't enough for me to want you to go back home, baby girl." He paused and bit his lip, allowing it to slowly fall free again. "Shit, nothing is."

I looked down, smiling to myself. "... Uh, can you help me bring my things inside?"

He nodded and picked up the rest of my bags, following me inside. We set them down by the full case of stairs, taking seats in the living room shortly after. My eyes quickly scanned the rest of the enormous space before he had a chance to speak again. I had completely forgotten he was rich.

"You ready for tonight?" He smirked, resting his elbows on his knees.

Looking away from a framed 65 inch, abstract painting, I face him again and raise an eyebrow. "What's tonight?"

"'Member I told you I was gonna have something planned for the both of us when you came down? I swear, everything I tell you goes through one ear and out the other." He jokingly shook his head at me.

"I remember that, I meant what exactly are we doing tonight?"

"Why would I tell you that?" He stood up, shooting me a devilish smirk. "Come here."

I followed him into the kitchen, posting against the island as he went straight into the fridge for a bottle of water. I played with my nails and did other tiny things while he sipped away.