3

The next day at school there was a new student. His hair is blood red. He has baby blue eyes. He has a rainbow dyed shirt. His skin is taner than mine.

"Class quite down we have a new student today his name is Zayn "said Mr.Smile.

"Zayn you can sit next to Leonardo " He looks at me and smiles.

I feel everyone's eyes staring at me. I can feel my cheeks heat up. He comes and sits next to me and smiles.

"As you know my name is Zayn " He said.

"I'm Leo " I tell him. "So what classes do you have? "

"I have math first period, social studies second, and third science " He replied.

"I have the same classes too" Zayn smiles again.

I swear whenever he smiles it's like fireworks are exploding in my stomach. This is a different feeling from Zero. I never felt this way before.

"I could show you around if you want" I ouford .

"Really thanks Leo! "He said.

The bell rings and that was a signal for the beginning of second period. Zayn and I are walking down the hall to go to social studies when Tute starts calling me names and Zayn starts yelling at him to leave me alone.

I'm not thinking anymore. I run far away. I don't know where. I just run and I keep running that starts to feel like forever. My chest is thrabing from running. I fall to the ground trying to catch my breath. I look up to see Zero staring at me.

"Are you stalking me ?" He said.

"No I'm not-  I just-  I was- " I couldn't say anything right. I wanted to tell him how much I need him .

I wanted to believe that what he said yesterday was all a dream. That it never happened.

"Go away and never cross my path ever again " He spat at me.

Why do you hate me Zero? What did I do to you? Did you finally found out how I feel for you and now you despise me? I get up off the ground and walk back home not even bothering going to school.

I go straight to my room and start to cutting again. My phone starts to ring and I ignore it. Then it rings again and this time I pick it up.

Me: Hello who's this?

Other person: It's zayn

me: How did you get my number?

Zayn: I asked around

me: why?

Zayn: Because I wanted to make sure that you were ok.

me: Well you don't have to

zayn: I know but I'm not that kind of person

me: Ok

zayn: So do you want to come over my house?

Me: Sure why not

zayn: Ok bye.

me: Bye

Why is my heart bearing like this? What's going on? I shrug it off and go to sleep.