Chapter 10 - Memories

When Emrys was a kid he always felt like there was a part of him that was missing. All the boys he hung out with as teenagers, seem to all gravitate to one girl; a popular, beautiful girl, that much was true, but Emrys was no fool. He saw through her beauty, she was tainted, cruel. He was always confused why none of his friends could see through her façade. That was the first time he thought of himself as different. From the age of sixteen he felt a hollow inside his heart, an emptiness to his being. This was the second time he thought himself out of the ordinary. The third time was a bit different, this in when he really knew he was unique.

When his third epiphany occurred, he went to the elders. Something strange had happened, he had awoken from his dream with a shout. Don't be deceived, it wasn't the dream that had awaken him, it had been the voices. He was now the age of one hundred, he had stopped aging as rapidly as humans did and the hollowness is his heart grew more painful and with every breath he took. 

"Tonight the soul is fused with its missing piece, forever should they be one. Tonight the soul is fused with its missing piece, forever should they be one. Tonight the soul is fused with its missing piece, forever should they be one." A thousand voices chanted that night, filling the silence with haunted whispers, never breathing, never stopping, never raising above a murmur. This was the night Emrys' heart no longer felt empty.

*~*~*~*~*

"Ohhh, Emrys! I don't think this is a good idea." Waverly squealed, looking at her lover with worried eyes. "Don't you think..." her cheeks blushed, "don't you think this is too soon?"

Emrys chuckled, "don't be silly my angel, I promise It'll be slow. Here." He laced his fingers with hers. "I won't let go."

"You promise?" she looked at him with her big round doe eyes, unsure if he would actually keep his promise.

He was lost in her big beautiful eyes; he was the luckiest man in the whole world. "I promise," it was more than just a promise but his own personal commandment, and she didn't even know it.

Waverly sighed, "ok let's do it, I'm ready." And with that Emrys opened the door to the biggest house Waverly had ever laid eyes on. 

When Emrys mentioned they would be moving to the safe house, Waverly was nervous, she was super nervous. But meeting his family! Well let's just say she was beyond nerves! What if they didn't like her? What if they didn't think she was right for Emrys? She was more scared than nervous.

Step by step they slowly approach the kitchen with the awaiting relatives. And with each step Waverly's chest tightened and so did her grip on Emrys' hand. Emrys wasn't oblivious to Waverly's increasing panic but there was nothing he could do, and it made him frown. He didn't like not knowing how to calm her down and it frustrated him beyond belief.

"OW! Emrys, stop you're hurting my hand." She whined, her worry for meeting the family vanished. Guess that's one way to forget about something. "Emrys, are you okay?" he had ripped his hand from her grasp and turned away.

"Emrys come on, it wasn't that bad," she moved in front of him and held up her hand. "See, no bruises!" she said excitedly to let him know that she really was OK, but he wouldn't give in. She sighed, "fine, don't believe me. I'm going to introduce myself to your family."

She walked off, leaving Emrys to stare at her retreating form in shock. She was sick being treated as if she was a fragile china doll. She was a human, she had experienced pain, she was just like every other human but he chose to treat her like china.

Luckily, Emrys had told her the lay out of the mansion and she had a vague idea where the kitchen was. She felt so comfortable in this "house", almost like she had been here before. Strange.

She finally found the door to kitchen and she stop before opening it. She heard the faint chattering and she breathed out, calming herself down. She gave the hall way a once over, just in case she needed to make a last minute escape.

As her eyes roamed they fell upon an oddly familiar painting. It was of a man and a woman, they looked no older than thirty. The man held the woman by the waist and looked down at her with adoration, a wide smile on his face. The woman was cradling her swollen stomach and looking up at the man with pure mirth, as if he had just told her the funniest joke she had ever heard.

They looked so happy, so much in love, so familiar...

It was so familiar that she felt she knew exactly what they were talking about. And then she screamed. Her head was building with pressure; her chest was tightening as she struggled to bring air into her lungs and her heart felt like it was splitting into two.

She fell to the cold, unforgiving stone floor with a hard thud, smacking her head on the ground. She last thing she saw was Emrys' familiar silhouette.

*~*~*~*~*~
OK, here it is. It's short but i thought a cliff hanger would be swell...

lol, anyway hope you enjoyed, let me know if you did in the comments!!!