A Price To Pay

Oli POV

I fought with a she wolf. We tussled on the ground we bit, scratched, clawed, anything under the stars. I fought fiercely. There were gashes in her sides from where I had wounded her.
I fought for my mate and pup. Neither of them would be taken from me.

Just hand over your pup now! She growled.

No! I growled back before I bit at her neck.

The taste of crimson blood filled my mouth. I didn't let go until I knew she was dead.

I was then put up against a huge male wolf. He was at least twice my size. I would lose against him no matter what I did. He lunged at me. Before he could hit me a black pelt of fur ran at him and hit him in the chest. I looked at the black pelt and saw it was Ace.

Oli! I got him! Ace barked at me.

I nodded and was put up against another she wolf. I fought her the same way I fought the other.

Retreat! The command was loud but I knew it came from AquaBlue's side.

All remaining AquaBlue wolves looked at us before retreating.

I looked around for Ace but when I did find him he was sprawled across the grass bleeding. I choked on air and ran towards him. He was still breathing so I began to try and stop the bleeding that was coming from a wound on his neck.

My dad ran up to me and tried to help me. We pressed cloth against the wound as I could feel my wolf tears sliding down my fur.

I'm sorry to tell you this Oli. My dad spoke as we were pressing more cloth onto Ace's wounds. But Holli died during the battle.

I looked at him and whimpered. My grandparents are dead AND my mate might die. I wrapped up my mates neck and places my nose against his. He can't die... No... He mustn't die... He won't die...

My dad nuzzled against me in the way he used to when I was a pup. Our pure white pelts brushing together as I cried.

My mom came over to me and brushed his fur against mine. He sniffled and we all mourned Holli and Oliver together.

Why are you crying? The sweetest voice I could hear spoke up.

I looked at Ace and all I could do was snuggle myself into him and cry harder. He intertwined our tails and nuzzled me closer to him.

Oliver and Holli died... I finally spoke.

I'm sorry Oli... This should have never happened. I nodded in agreement and turned human before Ace followed suit and we went inside. We threw on clothes before we ran off to find Rockee.
Felisha found us and told us he was in a hidden room inside the house and she led us to it. I opened the hidey whole door.

Mommy! Daddy! As soon as the door opened Rockee jumped out at me.

I hugged him to me. I didn't want to tell him about how his great grandparents died. But it was inevetible.

"Hey Rockee..." He looked at me. "Mammie and Gampie... They... Joined the goddess..." I used the nicknames he had for them

Mammie dead? I nodded and he whimpered sadly.

Ace hugged us as both Rockee and I cried. I guess there was a price to pay. I just wish it wasn't Holli and Oliver...