The Doors Open

When the last bell of the day rang, I quickly went to my locker, grabbed my books and my bag, then went straight to the music room.

"Hi, Mrs. Baker." I said, putting my things down on the floor. "Hi, sweetie!" She yelled out of her tiny office. I looked inside her office then smiled, her office was always so messy. There was papers scattered everywhere on her two small desks. There was a keyboard with papers on the side.

On the bulletin board were notes and drawings. And beneath it was a computer being charged. On the other small desk in the corner of the room were lyrics to music written down and sheet music.

I smiled at her as she smiled back. I turned around to look at the beautiful music room. To my right were cases filled with violins and violas. Next to them were cellos and bases. Next to the bases against the wall facing me were keyboards which were surrounding the walls of the room. On the wall to my left were music books and cases with guitars in them. Behind me was the chalk board that still had today's lesson on it. In front of the chalk board was a beautiful piano. The white and black keys were tempting to press and play on, but I didn't play on it yet. I just admired its beauty for a few seconds.

On top of the piano were sheets of music and lyrics written down on paper. This room may be really messy, but I think it's absolutely gorgeous.

I sat down on the piano bench as my fingers rolled up and down the piano, playing music as I sang.

Give me love like her

Cause lately I've been waking up alone

"Char! I'll be right back. I just need to print this new music. I'll be back soon." I nodded as I kept singing and playing the piano.

Give a little time to me

We'll burn this out

We'll play hide and seek

To Turn This Around

All I want

Is the taste that your lips allow

I heard the door creak open, and I didn't mind and kept singing because I thought it was Mrs. Baker coming back for something.

Little did I know it wasn't her.

"Well there's no reason not to see how my lips taste."

Aiden.

I was so scared I almost fell out of my chair.

"Jesus, Aiden! What the hell?" He laughed, "So you do have a special talent! I knew it! I knew you weren't just some nerd."

I mocked the emotion of hurt, "Why thanks. I'm just some nerd."

"Who can play piano and is a great singer!" I blushed, but I hope he didn't see.

"Not really. I don't have a piano at home and I really wanted to learn..so I practice here after school." Aiden smiled then gasped, "You should perform at the showcase!" I shook my head and stood up, "I am not performing at the showcase!"

He frowned, "But you have to! You're an amazing singer!" I shook my head, "Nope."

Suddenly, Mrs. Baker walked in with a stack of papers. Both Aiden and I turned towards her.

Mrs. Baker looked really surprised to see Aiden, "Okay, Char! Let's continue with your piano lesson. Um, Mr. Summers, I think that-"

"Oh cut it, Mrs. Baker. Aiden knows."

"Oh, alright. Well, Aiden..would you like to stay? I have chocolate." Aiden smiled, "Sure."

***

I continued to play and sing as though he wasn't there. Once the bell rang for us to go to the late buses, Aiden wouldn't stop talking.

"Come on! You need to perform at the showcase! There are only 35 slots!"

"I'm not performing, Aiden."

"Then I'll tell everyone."

"You wouldn't."

"Oh yes I would."

"Aiden! You can't! Everyone will treat me differently!"

"Alright, alright. I won't tell the entire school about your secret on one condition."

"What?!? I'll do anything!" I said in the cafeteria. Some of the people in the cafeteria were staring which made us lower our voices to a whisper.

"You go on a date with me. This Friday. I'll pick you up at 6."

And with that he walked off to his late bus, leaving me alone, sitting at an empty table once again.