Walk Through the Doors

I ran around my room frantically, not knowing what to wear only in my bra and my underwear. It was already 5:15 and I didn't know what to wear!

"What are you doing?" I heard my little sister ask me, laughing. Emily was only five, so she laughed at almost everything.

"I have a date." She laughed again. I grabbed a gray shirt with a floral skirt with a brown belt then a white tank top with lace near the breast line with a cream colored lace over a brown skirt with a long white cardigan and put them on the bed.

"Which one?"

"Uh..that one!" She giggled, pointing to the grey and floral one.

"Okay..let's see..mascara? Eyeliner?" I asked Emily. She looked at me with a huge smile. Aw, her dimples are so cute!

"Both!" I pointed my eyeliner at her, "Good choice." She watched me apply my eyeliner and mascara in awe. "When I'm older, I'm gonna put that on, right, Char-Char?"

I laughed, "When you're my age, sure." She laughed and watched me curl my hair and pin up half of it so you could see my earrings. I never dressed like this... only on special occasions. Well, this is my first ever date. I want to look good.

I quickly put my contacts in, blinked a few times, then smiled at Emily.

"Do I look good?"

"No. Super good!"

***

The doorbell rang, "I'll get it, mom!" I yelled, running down the stairs with my shoes in one hand and my purse and stuff in the other. By 'stuff' I mean my phone, lip gloss, mascara, compact mirror, eyelash curler, eyeliner, and a few pads, just in case.

I opened the door to see Aiden wearing black jeans and a blue and green plaid shirt with his glasses on.. His dark brown hair curled at the sides. He seemed surprised to see me dressed like this.

"Wow. You clean up good."

"You mean well. And you too, by the way." I corrected then complimented. We both laughed, why were we laughing? We barely knew each other! Actually, how did he find out where I lived?! I heard Emily run down the stairs, giggling an talking to herself.

Oh no.

"Char-Char! Who is it?"

Oh god. Aiden's gonna see that my sister calls me Char-Char.

'But why do you care anyways? Did you ever care what Aiden Summers thinks?'

"Char-Char?" Aiden asked, laughing.

I gave a fake smile, "Yeah..Emily, this is Aiden."

"Hi. You must be Emily." Aiden said with a smile.

Aw he's so cute with kids.

'Why do you care out of all people?'

Yeah...why 'do' I care?

Emily smiled, "Yup! Are you Char-Char's 'boyfriend?'

Aiden smiled, "Maybe by the end of the night. Nice to meet you. Let's go, Char."

What did he mean by 'the end of the night'? Was he planning on asking me out? We barely even talk! I'm not even attractive! How could 'the' Aiden Summers like me, Char Willis, the school nerd? What would the other people at school think of me? What would they think of him?

I mean, he's the fastest runner at school..he has a reputation he needs to uphold. And if he dates me, will he lose that reputation? What would my mom think? Oh god, what would my 'dad' think?! What would his dad think? Eh, he might be proud. Well, maybe not cause his son would be dating a nerd. What would his mom think? What would Emily think?

Emily. I'm supposed to be like a role model to her. But dating a boy..right now that wouldn't be so role modely. I know, I know, "modely" isn't a word and I probably shouldn't use an unreal word, but I just did. I would be a terrible example. And when she gets older she might not turn out how my parents and I wanted her to be..all because I dated some boy named Aiden Summers.

"Char? Char, you okay?" I nodded, "Yeah, fine."

"No...You were shaking like crazy and saying stuff like what will they think? Are you sure?" I nodded, "Yeah, just over thinking. What did you want to do?" I looked around and noticed we were walking. Last time I remember we were on my front doorstep.

"Um..There's this Italian place down the road from my house and I thought you'd like it..my dad gave me money cause it's not cheap."

I blushed and laughed, "Yeah sure."