Chapter 3: Uneasy Night

Orange POV

I was lying down in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I couldn't get Blue out of my mind or forget his voice. "Why am I thinking about him and why can't I forget him?" I thought. I sat up and looked out the window nearby my bed. I got out of bed and got on some casual clothes. "I'll go for a walk to clear my mind." I thought and headed outside. I walked down the sidewalk, I was looking at the sidewalk and images of Blue came into my head.

Blue POV

I was sitting on my bed. I couldn't sleep. Every time I tried to sleep, I would get an image of Orange and hear her sweet voice. "Why is she stuck in my head? Why can't I forget her?" I got up and put on some casual clothes and grabbed my Splattershot. Octolings sometimes come out at this time and go hunting for Inklings, if anyone came out without a weapon then they would be targeted by Octolings for sure. I headed outside and saw Orange walking down a sidewalk. "What's she doing up?" I thought. I noticed she didn't have a weapon. "Is she an idiot for going out without a weapon? Doesn't she know that Octolings come out at this time." I thought and walked in the direction she went. I was far behind her but I had her in sight. I held my Splattershot, ready for any Octolings that attack her.

Orange POV

I continued walking. I was lost in my mind, thinking about Blue. I walked by an alleyway and was suddenly grabbed by two Octolings. One covered my mouth so I couldn't scream. I tried to get free from their grasp but couldn't they dragged me into the alleyway. "How could I be so dumb? I should've brought a weapon. At this time Octolings came out and hunting for Inklings." I thought. "Wow, I never thought Inklings could be dumb. Guess this one didn't know." One Octoling says and the other one chuckled. One let go of me but the other held onto me. The  other one aimed a blaster at me. "Any last words?" She says. I waited for the Octoling to fire at me but suddenly Blue ink came and fired at the Octolings. The Octolings died and they went back to their spawn. I looked over at where the ink came from and saw Blue. He ran over to me. "Are you alright?" He asks me. "Yeah." I reply. "What were you thinking? Being outside at this time with out a weapon. Don't you know that Octolings come out at this time?" He says. "Yes. I wasn't thinking." I say. "Your lucky that I was on a walk and saw those Octolings grab you." He says. "Yeah. Thank you for that." I say. "Your welcome. Are you alright?" He says. "Yeah. They didn't hurt me." I say. "Good." He says, smiling. He walked me back to my apartment. "Why were you out at this time?" I asked him. "I was gonna ask you the same thing." He replied. "Well I couldn't sleep so I decided to go for a walk to ease my mind." I say. "Oh, I couldn't sleep either." He says and chuckled a bit. "Well see ya." He says and walked away. I headed inside my apartment.