Chapter 6:The Secret

Orange POV

I entered my apartment. I can't believe that I kissed him. I kissed a blue. I kissed the enemy. How will I explain this to the others? They would kick me off if they found out. I'll just have to hide the secret. He kissed me so does that mean he likes me? Probably and I liked it so I guess I like him but I can't ever mention it. I got into bed and fell asleep. I woke up in the morning to a knock at my door. I get out of bed and answer the door. "Hello?" I say. I was grabbed and realized it was my teammates. "No time to talk Orange! We gotta go!" Amber says, carrying me. "Ok." I say. She carried me into the Plaza and into the Lobby, I notice others stare. My other teammates were there. Amber put me down. "Good, your here." Tiger says. I didn't know that Amber was gonna do this, so I didn't have time to grab my weapon. "Hey Orange, where's your weapon?" Bronze asks me. "Amber had carried me all the way here and didn't give me time to grab my weapon." I reply. "Oh, don't worry I always bring an extra weapon." Bronze says and threw me a Splat Charger. I caught it. Bronze was always prepared for anything. I haven't used a Splat Charger mush but I think I'll do good with it. "What team are we facing today?" I asked. "Blue team, they wanted a rematch." Tiger says. "Okay." I say. "Oh no, I have to go against Blue and his team. I have to attack him even if I like him." I thought. We went to the arena, we were ready to face against Blue team. I went into the arena and found a good sniping spot. I aimed at any enemies I saw and splatted them sending them back to their base but when ever I see Blue I make it look like I miss but my teammates usually kill him by surprising him. I see Blue again and make it look like I missed. My ink went past his head, he was startled by it and looked at me. He aimed at me but Bronze super jumped to me without me knowing but that was cause he had stealth jump on his equipment. He splatted Blue. "You've been missing quite often, allow me to help you aim." Bronze says and put his blaster down. He gently put his hands on mine to help me. He adjusted how I was holding it. "If you hold it this was then it will be more steady." He says. "It does help. Thanks." I say, smiling. A Blue inkling tries to sneak by but he helps me aim at them and splat them. "Don't aim where they are at the moment, aim at where they will be. You think you got it?" He says. "Yeah. Thanks Bronze." I say, blushing a bit. He notices ink appear behind him and quickly grabbed his blaster and fired at the enemy inkling. The inkling went back to their spawn. "That was close." Bronze says, covering any blue ink he could see with our orange team color. "Yeah." I say, I looked back at where my gun was aiming and saw Blue. "Try to splat him. I know you can do it." Bronze says, sounding very encouragement. I aimed at Blue and fired at him. He looked over but it was to late for him to dodge and he was splatted.

Blue POV

I saw the orange ink coming at me but it came at me quickly so I couldn't dodge. I notice before I was splatted Orange with another Orange inkling boy. The Orange inkling boy smiled as I was splatted and sent back to spawn. The time ran out. I can't believe she splatted me, she missed every other time but was she just luring me into a sense of safety. I felt tears go down my face, she must of been with that other inkling boy the whole time. I should've known. "Hey, it's okay Blue." Azure says. "We'll beat them next time." Sea says. "Y-Yeah. I'm gonna head home." I say and started walking to the apartment complex.

Orange POV

"Nice, we won!" Tiger says. "Yeah!" Amber says, cheerfully. I still couldn't believe that I splatted Blue at the last second, I wanted to cry but I couldn't not in front of my teammates when we had won. I exited the lobby, Bronze followed me. "Hey Orange, nice shot when you splatted that blue inkling." Bronze says. "Hey Bronze, thanks." I say. "No problem. You can keep the gun, I can get another one from Sheldon. Also Orange can I ask you something?" Bronze says. "Uhh, sure Bronze. Go ahead." I say, looking at him but caught from the corner of my eye, Blue leaving the Plaza. Bronze looked at me. "Would you like to go on a date with me?" He asks. I blushed slightly. "I'm sorry but I can't." I say and walked away. "Orange wait." He says and walked after me and grabbed my hand. "Could you tell me why?" He asks. "I just don't like you that way, I'm sorry Bronze. Your cool and all but I'm not into you that way." I say and walked away and toward the apartment complex. "Okay." He says with a small smile. I continued walking and arrived at my apartment. I see Blue there. "Blue?" I say and walked over to him. "Hey Orange." He says, looking down and the floorboards. "Are you okay?" I ask him. "No." He replies. "Why?" I asked him, sounding worried. "Were you dating someone before I kissed you?" He asks me. "No, why would you think that?" I reply. "I saw you with that other inkling boy when you splatted me. Were you dating him?" He says and looked up at me. "No, we are on the same team so of course he's near me." I say. "Fine." He says and headed to his apartment. I entered my apartment. "He cares about me, so I can trust him." I thought.