Chapter 8: The Truth

Orange POV

It was the night of the Splatfest, Inklings were their team colors and wore their team's Splatfest tee. I walked into the Plaza, My color didn't change since my Splatfest team color was orange. I looked around for Blue, we agreed to team up during the Splatfest but also to reveal the secret. I was nervous on how others would react but Blue said everything would be fine. I find Blue standing near the shops. He looked nice with orange hair instead of blue. I walked over to him. "Hey Blue." I say, smiling. "Hey Orange." He says, smiling. "So you wanna go play some turf war?" I asked. "Sure." He says. We headed toward the lobby and got into a match.

Blue POV

Orange and I had played a couple games. I told her that I needed to go check something out and ran off. I thought of a way to tell the truth about Orange and me. I had some friends help me set some things up without telling them about what I needed it for. After sometime passes, I came back to Orange. "Hey Orange, can I show you something?" I asked. "Sure." I lead her to a pretty open area with many inklings nearby. I sighed. "I hope this works." I thought. "So what did you want to show me?" She asks. "You'll see." I say, holding her hand. Others noticed and seemed surprised but I didn't care.

Orange POV

I noticed others look at us while we held hands. I didn't care, we were gonna speak the truth. I wasn't sure how but maybe Blue knew. I waited a bit. "Look up." Blue said. I looked up and say the lovely night sky. I smiled. Fireworks then went off into the sky and spelled out "Blue X Orange". I blushed slightly and smiled wider. "What do you think?" Blue says. "It's beautiful." I say. Others looked at us and were surprised. Blue kissed me and I kissed back. We had changed the world and let other colors date each other.