Assignments

All five of them were given a list of tasks. Some were easy, some were messed up. All depends on how far along you got on your list. Some were scaring children and drunks in the mirror. Clarence laughed at his. Everyone looked at him. "'Because you're a pig, all of your bidding will be done on the farm.'" He read aloud. No one laughed with him.

"I have to shut down businesses." Camille said. Not too bad. Stef had to make people sick. Amber had to foreclose houses and make people homeless.It was sad, but they were drug houses. They should have made better decisions.

"I have to get people pregnant... Isn't that what God does?' Everyone looked at each other in confusion, not making eye contact with Clairece. That was God's thing, right? Create life. Unfortunately not all kids were precious gifts from God. Some were destined for failure, or worse.Some didn't make it past the embryonic phase.

They were the kids no one wanted. Some just chose to keep them because they were pro-life or abortion was against their religion. Either way, all these kids were created by a different Maker and ended up in the same place, no matter how hard they tried getting "Saved." That's how I got everyone except for Camille and Clarence. Yeah, Clarence was a wanted child who just turned into a jackass and I was stuck with him. That's what I got for being God's Favorite.

"Good luck."I said as I walked out. The kids looked confused. Now to play Survival Of The Fittest.

Stef went first. She had to spread disease. Started with six year olds getting colds, thirteen year olds getting the flu. Sixteen year olds getting Mono from their first kiss. No big deal. Her final task would have made her heart stop if she still had one. She was at Tes's house. Tes and Mark were having sex. She looked down at the paper. A.I.D.s. Which one?

She had to choose which one was going to receive the disease. How could she choose between her brother and a kid who always gets picked on for being "gay". Tes liked men, he just felt like he was in the wrong body. Getting A.I.D.s wouldn't help the bullying. But Stef didn't want to see her brother getting a guaranteed death sentence. She had to go with Tes.

Not only did she take away Tes's health, she took everything away from Tes. Tes's parents shipped him off, Mark left her because he didn't want to get the disease and everyone started making fun of Mark for dating Tes. They always have, but now that it was out that Tes had AIDs made it even worse.

Clarence was okay with his assignment. Nothing too hard. He just had to make machines stop working, kill old animals. No big deal. Wolves and Coyotes ate sheep and other lifestock. It was too easy. When was he going to get interesting shit, like dumping pig's blood and smearing it on a barn wall with a Satanic symbol? Wasn't that the point of this all? Raise Hell while you're in it. That was gonna be his motto while he was here.

Screw it. He slaughtered a pig and a sacred cow and painted the walls of a white house saying "Get Out!" and "Thou Shalt Not Survive!"

I shook my head watching that imbecile. The cow wasn't sacred. It would definitely scare the people living and working on the farm, cause a few financial issues for Camille to deal with or maybe they would think it was some dumb kid prank. It was a halfway house. I could cash some souls in. Some of the kids made Deals to live the High Life. Meth, Heroin, Molly, LSD. Some were in the house for worse, but I won't go into detail. But every single one, owed me a debt. Time to play my own little joke on the pig.

When Clarence looked back at his sheet there was something new there. Make a man on the farm have sexual intercourse with any animal you choose. "What the... No! That's not right!" Welcome to Hell .Everything wrong is right. Otherwise end up back in line. Never to be seen again...

A guy strolled by and saw the markings on the building. He freaked out and caused a scene. That was Clarence's opportunity and he missed it. He was now back where he started. Back in Line. The Line was longer than what it was before. This time, he wasn't getting out. He failed his tasks. This was his eternal fate.

The rule was, no one could take their turn until all the person before them's tasks were either completed or failed. "Camille Jager." Satan's voice boomed from an unknown place. Everyone looked around. Where was He? Where was Clarence? "Go. Now." The voice demanded harshly. Camille got off of the boulder she was sitting on in the Forest Fire looking setting. She could feel the heat of the flames, but when she directly touched them, nothing happened.

Three tasks were on her list. Shut down a restaurant for rats, a bar for mold and a small local store because they couldn't afford rent anymore. Nothing too bad. There was an arrow pointing to the back of the page, but anytime she flipped it over it was blank.

The rats were disgusting and diseased. She had to let a bag full of a family of rats run free in a restaurant.  The head cook chopped the father rat's head off and threw the knife in the soapy water and went back to work.  The dishwasher watched in disgust and gave him a dirty look. The cook threw the rat in a nearby garbage and told her to take it out.

"Make yourself seen. This is your chance." Someone whispered. Camille jumped and looked around.

"What? Who are you? Where are you?" No answer. "Hello?!"  The dishwasher looked at her like she was cracked. 

"Um, I work here." Oh, that's what the voice meant... 

"I saw the rat and what happened in there."  The dishwasher, Heather, her name tag read, Heather's eyes widened. 

"It wasn't my fault." Camille shrugged.

"I don't care. Report it or I will." She threatened. Heather bowed her head in sadness and nodded. She took pictures with her phone. The knife still had blood and fur on it.

 Can't get everything off with a soak. A week later, Heather lost her job and the business went under. Double win. Maybe Camille wouldn't be such a disappointment after all. Maybe she did have potential. 

The bar was gross as it was, did she really have to put mold in it? Couldn't she just send in an inspector and get it shut down like it was? Apparently that wasn't how it worked. She placed the mold, yes, she  had to place it. It didn't just magically appear. The bar got shut down a few days later. 

The local shop was easy to close down. All she had to do was give the renter a letter saying they had 90 days to get out so they could make some room for people who paid for the space. The old lady cried, but it needed to happen. 

She waited to be teloported back to Hell. Is that how it worked or did she have to find her way back? How did this work? She looked back at the paper. One Final Task with the arrow lit up in bright red. The path will be revealed. No. She was not doing that! She couldn't! Julie was a friend! There had to be another way...

While waiting for Camille to get back, Clairece and Amber caught up. They shared Death stories and assignments. Amber was furious when she found out what Clarence had planned to do. That sack of shit! When he came back she'd be sure to make him feel an awful and unbearable pain. 

"You dated Paul Kyle, right?" Amber cringed. Even in death that name haunted her and made her live in fear. Amber sneered.

"Unfortunately, why?" 

"He's part of my assignment." Amber looked at her, eyes widened in horror.

A/N

The original plan was to have this chapter be EVERYONE'S Assignments, but then I thought what if Amber meddled with the Assignments?  Amber isn't as stupid as people think she is, but she is as evil as the Devil thinks she is... Find out what happens next in From Amber to Ember. 

Also, to those of you who keep asking me to read your stories, I can't on my phone anymore but I'll try to read as much as I can when I'm online. Love you!