Stupid Girls

Ember and Camille exchanged glances of uncertainty. Could they trust this woman? They both had questions, but very different motives. Camille wanted out and Ember wanted power.

 This was the woman who had gotten them killed in the first place. Ember shook her head. "She's the reason we're dead." Ember whispered. Camille thought about it. She needed answers. She needed to get out, she would pay whatever cost to get what she wanted. Camille agreed on the woman's terms to not follow through with the Devil's orders. Ember's mouth dropped opened and her face changed through several different expressions, shock and disappointment being two of them. 

She knew she couldn't stop Camille even if she had really wanted to put all that effort into it. They weren't friends. They were now rivals. They had been since Death. Death really was able to do people part. Anything Ember would say, Camille was guaranteed to now do the exact opposite of. That gave Ember an idea. If Ember encouraged Camille's plan of escape, she would give up, thinking He was watching. Ember wanted to smile, proud of her plan, but knew smiling would give her away. She remained serious. "I think you should go." Camille looked at her with her mouth agape. 

Could she really believe Ember? For once Ember was being sincere. She could see it. She wasn't being mocked. Camille still kept her guard up just in case this was a trick. "Why?" Ember crossed her arms begrudgingly and let out a sigh of surrender. 

"I'm serious. I can't stop you, can I? You made that clear. What's the point of even trying?" She said the last question, quietly, as if really giving up on Camille. Camille still wasn't sure about the sudden change of heart, but she needed to get out. Camille nodded and turned to leave to get Clairece.

She had no official plan but it was a start. Camille and Clairece went back to the Witch's Shop. The woman wasn't there. 

Ember's plan didn't follow through as planned. It was time for Plan B: Use Force. At first she had tried to threaten the Witch, but the old bitch had just cackled and spat in her face. Ember gave one final glare before she lit several places around the world on fire. She was angry and decided destruction would make her feel better. She helped Stef and Crimson with their task. She hoped they didn't mind. They both had thought nothing of it. But Ember hoped her actions had delayed, if not ended Camille's plan. 

Camille watched in horror as the world around her burst in flames. The heat didn't bother her. If anything it felt cold. Why did fire feel cold? Clairece was shivering. Would they be okay? Was the woman okay? Camille ran towards the building. Something grabbed her and spun her back around. It was the woman. She was alive! Camille opened and closed her mouth. She hugged the woman. "But... fire."

"Fire from a dead person cannot harm me." Camille didn't know what the woman was talking about, until it clicked. Ember did this. Ember still could not be trusted. Camille continued to beat herself up about her error of judgement. "You must stop. Don't worry about that girl. You must escape with one simple task. Save the world." 

"How?!" Both Camille and Clairece exclaimed. 

"Stop the fire. Use your powers." What powers? 

"She didn't  have any." Clairece said. "We were never granted any. They all went to Ember." Perfect little friggin' Ember. "But I had some, they're all gone now." The woman nodded knowingly. 

"He took them away." She sighed. "You'll have to use your resources." 

The woman disappeared and the girls could breathe again. Breathing while surrounded by flames hurt. Their lungs filled with smoke and the girls coughed and hacked. They thought they were dying again. It hurt so much to breathe, it was unbearable. Clairece wished they had still been dead.