15. Drop Dead

***Julian POV***

After I finished with Marsha last night I sent her on her way and went to get Miller. But he wasn't in his room. I sat on the couch waiting for him and finally he came home. I got up and grabbed my keys. He shook his head at me. The fuck is his problem?

"You just cheated on Taylar with the town whore," he shouted as if reading my thoughts.

I huffed and sat down as I said, "I don't know why you worried. You don't even like Taylar!"

He stood in front of me as he said, "That's not true. It's you and her together that I don't like. Taylar is cool. She's not at all how my mom said black people were. But you go and cheat on her. Look man, stay here tonight. Get yourself together. You can sleep in the guest room."

He walked to the kitchen with a plate that looked oddly like the plates in the cabinets at home. I heard the microwave open and close then he walked up to his room. I waited a beat before getting up and going to the guest bedroom. I texted Taylar that I was staying the night. When she didn't reply I rolled over and went to sleep.

***Taylar POV***

The next morning I got up and got dressed in sweats and an oversized T-shirt. I slipped on some sandals and threw my hair up in a messy bun. I felt horrible. I guess nausea was starting to kick in. Ha! Too fucking bad!

When I stepped outside Miller was there. We drive to the clinic and I went inside as he went to the café down the street. It semmed like forever that I was in there. But judging by the clock it went rather quick. And besides a light cramping feeling I didn't feel much.

I walked out of the clinic and called Miller. He drove me home. As I prepared to get out of the car he grabbed my hand. I sat back in my seat and looked to him. Please don't tell me your man-whore ass likes me.

"Taylar," he began hesitantly. "I'm sorry you had to do that."

I shrugged as I said, "I didn't have to. But I wanted to. I never wanted a second baby right now. I only agreed to keep it because he convinced me to. But I'm back in my right mind and a high school girl does not need two kids. Even though I'd be graduated by the time it got here. I just don't think I could handle the stress of it all. But thanks for the ride."

I went to get out again and he stopped me again as he called, "I've never hated you, Taylar. I know you thought that. But my mom had me thinking all these horrible things about black people. But you're cool. It's just when you and Julian are together in front of me and the guys it's like he goes the extra mile to rub in our faces that he's with you or something. But I'm sorry."

I nodded and reached for the door handle. When he didn't stop me, I eased out of the car and up into the house. I was about to head to my room when I heard someone come in the door behind me. I turned to see a pissed off Julian.

"So you and Miller," he assumed.

I smirked as I retorted, "So you and Marsha?"

His face turned pale. I shook my head and pointed to the door he'd just come through.

"Get the hell out," I hollered. "Go home! To your mother! Or your whore!"

He stepped toward me as he said, "Taylar wait. Don't push me away. We were going to start a family. What about our baby?"

I headed upstairs as I said, "There is no baby anymore. Drop dead."

***Julian POV***

I couldn't move. Did she just say what I thought she said? No. No. Couldn't have. I don't know if I wanted to go crazy or crumble to pieces. One thing for sure, Miller was gone pay for this one.

I turned to leave and noticed my bags. I called Trevor as I picked them up. By the time I got to his house he'd convinced his folks to let me live there. I dropped off my bags and headed to the ice cream shop where the fellahs no doubt were hanging. And when I pulled up I knew I was right. They stood outside eating cups of ice cream. I hopped out my car and headed over.

"The fuck you do that for," I barked at Miller.

Caleb and Jason stopped me a few feet from him. Carson looked between us.

"What he do," he asked confused.

Miller leaned against the wall as he said, "Asshole here is mad because he cheated on Taylar with Marsha and I told her about it. She got smart and left his ass before he gave her something."

Everyone looked at me. The twins looked most angry. Being raised by a mom who had been cheated on continuously until their dad died, I kind of understood why.

"What does it matter to y'all," I shouted. "Y'all didn't even like her!"

Caleb looked to Carson then to me as he said, "We didn't know her at first. But once you dated her we got to know her. The only thing we didn't like was you rubbing y'all relationship in our faces. Like you were just trying to show off that you had the only fully black girl at school. We didn't hate Taylar."

"Why you go and hurt her like that," Carson asked softly.

"I had a moment of weakness," I explained. "It was my dead uncle's birthday. I was trying to get my thoughts together. Marsha jumped me and I used her to clear my head a bit. I regret the shit. But Miller should've kept his mouth shut!"

Carson looked to Caleb and they walked off. Jason and Miller stood staring at me. I knew I had fucked up. And their expressions told me just how bad.

Comment & Vote please!