16. Week One or Month One

***Taylar POV***

Honestly after breaking up with Julian I felt like shit. I cried and cried like all the time. It honestly was hard not to call him up and want to take him back. But I couldn't. Not after this. He didn't deserve me anymore. I don't care how many long ass essays he texted me. He cheated. This is the consequence.

Here it was a month later and it seemed to pass so quickly that it seemed like only a week. Maybe I wasn't as heartbroken as I thought. Because I know after I lost Dustin a week felt like a month. Now here it is a month and it felt like a week.

I still hung out with the guys however. Me and Heather. Today was the school assembly. I sung the school song, then joined Heather and the guys in the bleachers. They congratulated me and I sat between the twins, Caleb & Carson. The only difference between them was that Caleb was clean shaven with a neck tattoo.

Carson whispered to me, "You look nice today, Taylar. I mean, not that you don't look nice every day. It's just... Uh. You look - ummm - well... You look nice. I like your dress. Green is my favorite color."

The guys and Heather laughed at him stammering. But I thought it was cute. Tough jock all flustered. I leaned over and kissed his cheek. His face turned as red as an apple.

"Thank you," I whispered against his ear.

He smiled to me and looked past me. I turned to see Julian staring us down. I scooted a bit closer to Carson and toyed with his bracelet his grandma had sent down from Washington to him for Christmas. Caleb had one too. He rarely wore it though.

By the end of the assembly Heather was on Jason's lap and Carson was talking normally again. I stood as the bell rang for class and looked to them.

"I'm gone cook today and my daddy supposed to throw some steaks on the grill as well," I announced. "Y'all welcome to come over after school if you want."

I looked to Carson as I said, "Y'all can bring your girlfriends if you have one."

He turned red again. I smiled and headed to class.

***Julian POV***

Watching Taylar with Carson today made me sick to my stomach. Honestly, it pissed me all the way off. They were laughing and rubbing each other's arm and shit. What the fuck did she see in him anyway? The only tough thing the boy did was play football! I mean he boxed at a local gym. But that didn't make him tough.

I knew one thing though. I was going to that cookout and I was gone try my best to get my girl back. Taylar was like my dream girl. And I know you thinking Well if that's the case why you cheat?

Honestly it's because Marsha was easy. I mean I know I could've gotten some from Taylar easily that day. She was my girl and was going to be the mother of my child. Before she killed it. Well, I guess I don't have a good reason for cheating. And it weighed heavy on my mind all through school that day. I couldn't shake the feeling that my world was gone crumble even more before I knew it.

***Taylar POV***

Before I knew it the time for the cookout had arrived. To be honest the best thing about living down south was cookouts can happen any time of year. Heather was already here. We were boiling chicken and mixing up different sauces to put on them. My favorite being the spicy barbeque my daddy taught me to make.

As I tasted it the door opened and in walked the boys. Including Julian. I ignored him though. Heather helped me lug the food outback and my daddy already had the grill sizzling with steaks.

"Make room for chicken," I said handing him the pan of broiled chicken. He kissed my temple and shooed me away.

I walked over to Heather and the boys as the music was cut on. I could feel Julian staring me down. But when I looked up I saw Carson smiling at me. Jason and Heather had gone to dance. So I took Carson's hand and led him over next to them. I turned my back to him and we began dancing together. I could feel Julian's intense glare on me. But I didn't care.

"Are you using me to make Julian jealous," Carson suddenly whispered in my ear.

I ran my hand around his neck, pressing my back to him as I responded, "No. Screw Julian. I'm just having fun with my friends."

He tensed a quick second then placed his finger under my chin and turned me to him. It almost looked as if he was going to kiss me. Then, I felt myself being pulled forward. I turned and my lips came crashing into Julian's.

My hands stayed at my sides as our lips danced. Suddenly, I gained control of my body and pushed him away. I turned to see Carson looking a little defeated before he walked off around the house. Meanwhile, Heather and the guys looked like they could kill Julian. And me.

Miller stomped over and snatched me by my hand. He led me into the house and made me sit on the couch.

"What are you doing," he demanded heated.

"I-I-I don't know what happened," I stammered.

He rubbed over his head of hair and paced the floor. What was his problem?!

I stood as I said, "Look Miller. I'm sorry. He caught me off guard. But it's not like you like me anyway."

He looked my way with a humorless smirk on his face.

"No," he started. "But my cousin does."

Wait. I didn't even know who his cousin was. He sat on the couch and I followed suit.

"Carson," he explained. "Carson is like head over heels for you, Tay. He really does like you. He's just shy. He looked like he was finally gone make his move before Julian messed it up. Do me a favor. Call Carson. He probably believes you still want Julian now.... Wait. Do you?"

I looked at him like he had six damn heads. He laughed and stood, leaving me alone. I thought about what he said as I called Carson. No answer though. Shit.

Comment & Vote please!