Step 4: Be Nice

Step 4: Be Nice

Small Bob was not, under any circumstances, required to give a single Siamese about this.

Since coming to this place Percy called 'college' Small Bob had been living the luxurious life. Percy was out most of the day and he had the run of the little apartment, and if he was lucky; Percy would leave the window open and he could strut around on the roof and look very dapper like a super-cat. But it did also mean more of the blonde boy who didn't understand the term 'sod off' if it danced naked in front of him wearing a litter box on its head.

Especially now, Percy was always leaving and coming back to tell him about the blonde buy who was sick and boo-hoo, Small Bob didn't care! The blonde was annoying and he would never like him, why couldn't Percy see that? Why couldn't he tell him that? Humans and their inability to speak more than one species tongue (their own), sweet Siamese it was irritating.

But one day, Small Bob didn't feel like prancing about on the roof or sleeping (which was a rare occurrence because Small Bob loved to sleep) and it just so happened that Percy was carrying a stack of pillows and blankets somewhere so he hardly noticed when Small Bob slipped out just before he closed the door.

Small Bob didn't venture into this thin hallway often so he didn't dare venture too far, instead he trotted along behind Percy who was too busy to notice him. They passed a tall red haired girl who wiggled her fingers at him, she was eating a sandwich with the sweet scent of cheese drifting from it. Small Bob likes cheese...he likes it a lot.

'Tiny brained human, won't you please spare some glorious cheese?' Small Bob meows at her, standing directly in her hand and placing a paw on her knee. The girl lets out a noise that sounds like one of those small cha-hue-hue dogs when they were pet.

"Oh he's adorable!" The girl cries, Small Bob briefly sees Percy spinning around just as she bends down and offers him some cheese.

'Thank you.' Small Bob says after he'd finished- he was always taught to use his manners.

"Bob you twat!" Percy cries, Small Bob had come to learn that humans said that to him when they were trying to be angry but they very rarely actually were. Small Bob trots over to Percy and brushes against him, waiting for the human to continue walking to wherever it is that they're headed.

Percy's saying something else to him but he hardly notices because he can smell the familiar scent of the brown and blonde haired girls- they were hardly ever apart.

'Perseus, human, we must keep going. No time for mouse-ing around.' He meows and starts to walk off again, Percy jogs to keep pace with him then picks up and places him on top on the blankets and pillows.

Small Bob gives him a smile and nuzzles his nose as they enter another room that looked similar to Percy's but of course wasn't quite as good. He leaps from the pillows and onto the bed where a large lump with a little tuft of blonde hair is lying.

It's the blonde boy. And he's sick, very sick.

Small Bob meows unhappily, wanting to make an escape. Percy says something to the blonde boy while the brown haired girl enters with a bowl of something. Small Bob groans loudly and trots up closer to the blonde boy. He's as pale as an albino kitten with a chalky expression and droopy eyes.

Small Bob sighs, he looks so unhappy and by extent, that makes Percy unhappy. And by Percy being unhappy, it means Small Bob is a bad human owner and he is not a bad owner. And so he snuggles down beside the sick blonde boy and begins to purr.

"Get rid of him Percy." The blonde boy complains, stupid human Small Bob thinks, you'll be so much better if only you liked cats.

"Wait..." The blonde boy pauses and hesitatingly strokes Small Bobs' head, "he can stay."

Hmm, Small Bob nods, maybe not so stupid after all.

I am so sorry for such a long wait :O This story is no longer on hold and I hope you update again tonight, if not twice more tonight. Please leave your thoughts! :D xx

Love Percy :3