Step 9: Be the Best Cat You Can Be

"Okay Small Bob, you've got to be on your best behaviour. Understand?" Percy asks, Small Bob tilts his head to the side and eyes his human up.

'When am I not?' He meows bluntly, Percy arches an eyebrow at him sassily, 'okay I see your point.'

They were sitting in some kind of weird looking place with a lady behind a desk, the building was kind of like a house but then there wasn't any kitchen or toilets in site, not even a litter box! Small Bob didn't really understand what they were doing here when he could be at home waiting for Luke to return from pee-pee school, Luke was incredibly amusing to taunt and play with. Tiny humans are such idiots.

But rather here he was with Percy in the weird not-house watching the lady behind the desk pretend she was important, often humans like to pretend that they're busy and clever but really they're just a little bit stupid and don't realise.

"Mr Jackson?" She calls out, Small Bob glances around, they're the only people there. Perhaps this woman was more than a little stupid. Percy jumps to his feet, leaving Small Bob to cling on. Percy pretends the digging claws don't hurt but Bob knows they do, he was just sharpening them on Jason's jacket that morning. "Why do you have a cat?" The woman continues glaring at Small Bob.

"Small Bob is another member of the family, I wanted to make sure he got on with the child." Percy explains, the woman arches an eyebrow making her large eyes look like a goldfish's.

"Unnecessary cats are only animals, I gassed a cat to make room for my son." Both Percy and Small Bob gasp loudly in horror, Percy takes a very large and obvious step back while Small Bob clings to him even tighter, "um, is it diseased?" The woman asks looking both annoyed and embarrassed.

"No." Percy angrily snaps, protecting Small Bob.

"Follow me, keep it under control." The woman snaps back and walks towards a door on the other side of the room.

'What a dog.' Small Bob thinks at the same time that Percy whispers, "Fucking monstrous bitch."

They ended up in a room full of tiny humans, some potato ones and toddler ones. The tiny humans were all playing with plastic looking things, Percy places Small Bob down on the ground and pointedly ignores the woman who's glaring at his back and conferring with another woman in the corner with two more potatoes in her arms.

Small Bob trots around and investigates all the potatoes and toddlers, all of them shying away from him until eventually he stumbles upon a female one that was bigger than a potato baby but not quite a toddler, she had black hair and was smearing sticky blue stuff through it. Small Bob sat down in front of her and tilted his head to the side, she didn't move away from him and instead mirrored his expression back and tried to tilt her own head.

'Hello living potato, how are you?' He politely asks, she giggles and pokes his tail with her blue hands, leaving some of the blue stuff on it, 'oh lovely, a present.' He twitches his tail trying to keep the annoyed expression off his face, and it causes the girl to squeal and giggle again.

'You're a very funny potato.' He tells her, he goes to move forward but instead places a paw splat in the middle of a pot of the blue stuff, 'oh Siamese claws, cats damn it!' He sighs, the girl giggles again as he grumpily meows at her.

Small Bob moves forward and places a paw on her wrist, leaving a tiny blue smudge of a paw print. She shrieks with joy again while Small Bob sniggers and flicks his tail happily.

"Who's this Bob?" Percy asks from cats-freaking nowhere. Small Bob glances up at him, so does the tiny human. The tiny human looks confused for a second before reaching her arms up to be picked up.

Percy stares at her then to Small Bob and back again, 'well don't just look at her you trapped mouse!' Small Bob meows. The girl giggles again and turns back to Bob to splatter blue stuff on his back.

"Percy?"

Small Bob glances up to see Jason enter with Luke on his hip, by the time he's walked over Percy and the tiny human are playing patty-cake with the paint.

"Jason, Jason!" Percy says, "She's perfect." He places the girl on his knee, while Small Bob follows onto the other.

"Daddy, who she?" Luke pouts as Jason kneels down beside them.

"She's your sister Lukey," Jason says softly, "You're a big brother."

"Thalia, her name's Thalia." Percy whispers, a few stray tears have gathered in both adults eyes. Small Bob swivels around looking at them all, both Luke and tiny-Thalia start giggling.

"Wait, I need to Facebook this." Percy cries as Jason groans.

"Murdered the moment man, killed it." He mutters but smiles anyway for the light box that Percy holds up.

Small Bob glances from Jason, to Luke to Thalia and finally to his human, Percy. He looked at how happy they all were and he realised that even though so much had changed since that day he was adopted, even though he'd lost and gained so much, he was happy. With not only Percy but his other humans too.

Because after all, he had four humans to care for now.

There was going to be another chapter but I've decided to finish it here, bar for the epilogue. Thoughts?

Lots of Love Percy xx