Epilogue: Take Care of Him

Jeez may as well bring this back, feel free to play the song.

Epilogue: Take Care of Him

It felt odd to be back in the house, he'd left so long ago and yet here he was again. Small Bob trots through the house, admiring how similar it was yet how different, different lamp shades but the same carpet, different couches but that same armchair. There wasn't piles upon piles of toys and blocks everywhere now, it was cleaner less chaotic.

Yet it still smelled of sweets and paper, Piper's perfume a faint memory in the halls but Annabeth's long forgotten, a small card with a picture of her sat on the mantel piece with 'In Loving Memory' in curled writing beneath it. There was so many photos along the bench, the walls, ones from the days of Percy in preschool and ones of his children as adults.

A photo of Luke's fifth birthday party with Small Bob dressed up as a knight, one of a teenage Percy dressed as a witch with Bob in a matching costume, Small Bob with Annabeth and Piper's daughter, Small Bob with Thalia on the day she was adopted, Thalia getting a blue paw print tattooed on her wrist as an adult. Small Bob and Mrs O'Leary, Small Bob and Blackjack. Percy holding Small Bob as a kitten, Small Bob in Percy's arms as an adult.

Finally he found him. His Percy sitting in his same armchair with a furry ball on his chest. Small Bob leaped up onto the back on it, Percy was sleeping but the ball twitched and raised its head, looking his straight in the eye.

Hello. Small Bob greeted it, the other cat tilted its head to the side and gave him a slight smile.

'Hi.' She greeted, a light brown cat with white on her belly.

You'll take care of him, won't you? Small Bob says softly.

He might not be the most organised human but he'll love you more than anything, he'll never forget to feed you, not once. He knows the perfect places to scratch, when you want and attention and when you don't. Please keep him warm as he can get cold and lonely, please keep him company as he misses his friends greatly, and please keep him distracted from the light box as he's sometimes on there for too long.

Please look after him. Please look after his family. Please.

'I will.' She said, he lent forward and gently pressed his nose to hers. He felt the rumbled breathing of his Percy beneath him. He smiles at her a little then turns to Percy and purrs for the first time in a very long time.

I'll see you soon Percy, take care.

And he was gone and everything was suddenly very, very quiet.

The End