Six

Nico sat silently on the branch of a tree, by the cliff that fell into the vast sea. Admiring the half moon before him.

Then, to his surprise, he heard ruffling in the weeds and bushes by the entrance to the forest, and unsheathed his sword. No one was supposed to know this place, it was right by the borders of camp, but what- or who he saw, made him wish he never came here.

Y/N was leaning on a thick branch she must've torn from a nearby tree. Her right knee was scraped, with an ugly looking gash on it. But he paid no interest in it. Instead, he looked at her pained face, and was amused.

He watched her limp to the side of the cliff, and throw her legs over, lying the stick beside her.

"A half moon," he heard her mention to the empty space.
"A bright half, and a daaark half." He bent to the side to get a clear view of her face. Her tears were falling like snow.
"Just like me." She finished.

She wiped her tears, but only more came to replace them. She gave many attempts to get up, and her effort finally paid off.

She stood on the very edge of the cliff, balancing herself on her heels, and Nico was intent on seeing her throw herself off, however, it was taking awfully long.

She was hesitating.

Suddenly, she started loosing her footing as the dust beneath her shoes shifted.

Let her be. Let her be. Nico repeated to himself, but soon, as she lost her balance and was about to tumble off the cliff, he found his arm holding her waist close to his stiff body tightly, and whispering to her, "Don't just throw your life away."

A loud war-cry erupted just outside the camp borders, and her nails dug into his skin as he pushed himself and her backwards, falling on the ground, cushioning her securely in his strong grip.

Into view came the vile sight of a twenty foot Cyclops, his ugly intense green-eyed focus on Y/N made her shriek.

Nico struggle to get up on his feet, helping the weak girl up as well, he turned her body to face him and held her dirty cheeks in his cold hands, calling out,  "You'll be okay! It's all going to be okay! Focus on me! Don't take your eyes off me!"

She nodded rapidly but her mind couldn't handle the weight of the events. She fainted in his arms.

 She fainted in his arms