Let me be the one that shines with you (Chapter 4)

Rating: R

Warnings: Just touching.

IAN'S POV.

'How about making me your partner?' Somehow,I blurted out something incredible. It didn't seem so wrong,though. For me it was the best thing to say and probably do. Anthony was trying to understand what was going on. His features were a mix of confusion,shock and amusement. He wiped the remains of the tears from his eyes.

'Are you serious? Do you really mean that?' I was still grabbing his shoulders and I realized that I was gripping too hard. Even though he didn't seem to be bother by that,I loosened the grip. His eyes were something I've never seen. They were sparkling,hoping for something good. It was then that I realized that Anthony actually had feelings for me and I've been so freaking blind that I've never realized it until now.

'Ant,I'm dead serious. Don't you think that I'm better than a random guy you met at a random party? Don't' you think I'd be able to understand you better than him and that I'd treat you like you deserve to be treated?!' His eyes were watery again,but this time it was happiness. He was finally happy and that's the most important thing to me. He grabbed my hands and pressed his forehead onto mine.

'Please,tell me again.' He whispered. His breath ghosted over my face and it was a strange sensation.

'I'm serious,Ant. I want to support you,I want to stay by your side.' His nose nudged onto my cheek that suddenly became wet as soon as a tear escaped Anthony's eye. He withdrew his face a little to look at me in the eyes. The smile he previously had on his face suddenly disappeared and was replaced by a serious look. 

'I want you to know  though,that if you run away I won't be able to forgive you.' He whispered,but that was loud enough for me to hear. Suddenly it felt like my heart had just stopped beating. I was out of breath and I didn't know if Anthony noticed or what,but I couldn't help it. He cought me off guard.  If I run away he won't forgive me. I never thought that one day i'd be thinking about this. Never thought this could happen. Now I was asking myself,what If something goes wrong,am I prepared for all that? But of all the questions,the most important one was: am I prepared to accept Anthony's feelings and become his partner? My head kept telling me to give up,but my heart was telling me otherwise and I decided to listen to it.

'O-okay.' i breathed. I was too scared to talk normally. I wasn't scare because I was practically is partner,I was afraid of hurting him. I didn't want that to happen. He didn't say anything,he just smiled. He gently pulled me closer to him and leaded us towards his room. My heart was beating really fast,preventing what was going to happen. Once inside the room,he gently pushed me towards the bed,but my eyes immediately looked at his laptop that was still on.

'Ant,what kind of script is that? A kiss? Dressing up as Antoinette?' I chuckled a bit,but as soon as I looked at Anthony I stopped. He sat on the edge of the bed,sighing.  'What's the matter? Did I say something wrong?' My heart kept beating fast,my heads were shaking.

'Ian,can you please be a little more serious?'

'I'm sorry. Please don't get mad.' Finally he smiled. 

'It's okay. I know you're nervous.' His eyes focused on his hands. 'You know,the reason why I thought I was gay was because of you,Ian.' my eyes widened. 'I..I love you. I always have,since the first time we met.' I was astonished. He was confessing his love to me. He actually hid his feelings pretty well,because I've never noticed. But maybe I was just too blind. 'I tried to convince myself that it was just my imagination talking and that it was just a difficult phase of my life,that I was discovering my sexuality,but I realized that it was just you who made me react in a 'weird' way. In fact,when you happily came to tell me that you finally found the 'one' for you,it was so painful that I'd thought I'd die.' I perfectly remember that day. It was the first time he actually lost his temper with me and I couldn't understand why. I always thought he was just jealous because I had a girlfriend,even though it didn't seem that he was upset for that reason. I couldn't find other explanations,so it always bagged me,but now I finally understand. Our eyes met. I noticed Anthony's were red and swollen. 'I never thought that one day I'd find myself telling you about my feelings. My intentions were to never let you know 'cause I was afraid of losing you,but after what you told me,I couldn't help it.' His hands were now wiping away new tears and I couldn't stand it anymore. I needed to hug him and making him understand that I was there and that I wasn't going anywhere. I walked to the bed and sat next to him,his eyes were following every single move I was making. I smiled and gently wrapped my arms around him. I felt him relaxing into my embrace,lips slightly touching the skin of my neck. I placed a delicate kiss on his head. My fingers gently grazed his cheeks and he raised his own to keep them there. My lips slowly worked their way down,placing a soft,lingering kiss on his cheek. I saw his eyes falling shut at the sensation and then my lips were moving down again,touching the corner of his mouth. I heard him take a deep breath as soon as I finally kissed him on the lips. It was all new to me so the kiss was a little unsure,but I could feel Anthony's heart beating faster so at the end it didn't matter one bit because it was a wonderful sensation. I pulled back to look into his eyes,my thumb was stroking his cheekbone.