n i n e

september 7th, 2014 | 4:04am would it make a difference if i got help? what's the point? i feel like i've made improvement since the beginning of the year. i'd like to think i have.

*

"Yuki, I don't need help," said Itachi as his wife tried to urge him to attend an appointment she and Sasuke had made for him with a therapist.

"Itachi, you do."

"Do not." Yuki had had it up to there with Itachi; her lower lip trembled as she stepped in front of the Uchiha, blocking his exit out of the house.

"What are you doing? I have to go to work."

"Itachi, all you ever think or dream about these days is [Name]. I get it, you and [Name] were close friends. But when it comes to affecting your personal life- is that not something to be wary of?! Isn't that something you should get checked out?!"

"She is not all I think about," said Itachi languidly, shaking his head at Yuki. "I have a meeting at half past, can you please let me go?" He gently pushed Yuki to the side, stepping out of their home onto the front step. Tears beginning to sting at her eyes, Yuki turned around and slammed her palms against the door frame, crying after Itachi.

"You give a dead woman more attention than you do to me!" she cried out in a shrill voice, tears of desperation falling. "Who are you really married to here, Itachi?!"

Itachi was already at his car by then, but he paused at the door to hear her out.

"Please, Itachi, you need to see someone," cried Yuki. "What happened to my Itachi?!"

The raven haired male bowed his head as he opened his door, throwing in his briefcase onto the passenger's seat before getting in himself. He silently put the key into ignition and began to back out, leaving a sobbing Yuki in the doorway of their home.

He burned with guilt as he remembered the diaries he was carrying in his briefcase; 2014 and 2015. 

He was nearing the end.