Westcountry Fantasy Competition - May-June 2016

Forget Transylvania and the Deep South! There are spookier, more enchanting lands to draw your inspo from.

The lush hills and misty moors of the Westcountry, England, are saturated with myths of witches, ghosts and goblins, whilst mermaids are often said to be spotted from its cliffs. The region is also home to many mystical monuments, like Stone Henge. It is the rumored location of King Arthur's Camelot AND most importantly (of course) it is the coast off which the Salt Kisses are set.So, this is why OwainGlyn and I are hosting this prose and poetry competition—to celebrate the region and all its folklore, and read some exciting new tales. Joining us on the judging panel are three stellar Wattpad writers; sandiwardbooks, LittleCinnamon and RobMay. The five of us will whittle the entries down to five finalists, and then our celeb judge JayVictor will pick the winner.

Prizes will include plenty of promotion for finalists and winner, plus giveaways! You could even win a copy of "A Thousand Salt Kisses."

You can create new works, or if you have a previously published one to fit the theme then these will also be welcome. Follow any of the judges to keep yourself posted. I shall be posting Westcountry tales here in coming days to get you all in the mood!Remember, the weirder and more wonderful your entry, the more Westcountry.