Chapter 2

Picture of Sky on the side ===>

:D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sky's POV

                Chapter 2

I knew it was a dream. But knowing it's a dream doesn't make it any less terrifying, because this wasn't excactly a dream...well i was a sleep but it was moer of a memory. Not something my mind had conjured up while I slept.

In my dream/memory whatever you wanted to call it, I was in a cramped, dark space. A broom cupboard, actually. I could feel the wooden handle of a mop pressing into my back from where i was sat, slumped against one wall with my feet pushed up against another. My clothes and hair were grubbby from who knows how long of not washing. I heard shuffling on the other side of the thick wooden door and i tensed all over, a few weeks ago i might have tried to shrink closer to the wall but there was no point in trying to hide. There was a scrape as the key was slotted into the lock and the door slowy swung outwards.  

I didn't look up, just kept staring at the scuffed, black leather boots that were standing in the doorway. The owner of the boots soon grew annoyed that i didn't look up and faster then i could see, shot out his booted foot and kicked me sharply in the thigh. I hissed in pain and craned my head to stare up at him with a glare on my face but had to blink quickly and look away as the bright light hurt my sensitive eyes. He chuckled, the bastard. I heard i rustle of fabric and when i looked back he was crouched down at my level. Grey, cold eyes boring into my blue ones.

'Now now kitten, no need to get yourself angry. You'll spoil your pretty face with all that frowning.' he chuckled again. I couldn't help but think of how I wanted to smack him right in his smug face, but i couldn't. My hands were shackled together and then chained close to the ground. I could always kick him, but he'd probably claw off my foot if i did that.

He brought a hand out that had previously been hidden behind his back. Resting on his palm was a hunk of bread, it was about the size of my fist which was pretty generous for him. Without saying anything more he chucked the bread at me sand slammed the door shut loudly, leaving a loud ringing sound in my ear. I stared at the bread that had landed in my lap and i started to do something i told myself i'd never do. No i didn't cry. I started to feel sorry for myself.

See the food he gave me was always slightly damp and would smell slightly like a metalic kind of medicine. |t only took me a few days to figure out that he poisoned the food with something that would stop me from going wolf, or using any of my werewolf strength. Hence stopping me from snapping the chain that tied me close to the ground and breaking myself out of there. So i had to make a choice; i could eat the food, not starve but not be able to break out or not eat the food, starve and probably die before the poison wore off but maybe have a chance to escape.

I went for the latter so placed the bread under the scraggly head of the mop where i had shoved other bits of food as well.

And then i waited.

My eyes bolted open. My sheets were twisted around me and my skin was sticky with sweat. I was momentarily shocked to find myself in my bed and not in the broom cupboard. I shuddered the remnants of my nightmare away and glanced at the clock beside my bed. The luminous green lights read 7:40am, the new school i was going to started at 8:30 and the bus ride there would take me at least 15 minutes. Grumbling softly to myself i rolled out of bed and opened the curtains to reveal the early morning sky, it was the middle of Autumn, my favourite season. There were some clouds but they were fairly light and it was going to be a cold day judging by the thick mist that hung in the air. A smile spread across my face, i loved these kind of days while most people always grumbled about them. The air would always smell so crisp and slightly like burning grass or leaves and i loved the bright red, yellows, browns and oranges of the leaves that littered the ground.