Chapter 3

Picture of Rink on the side ===>

:3

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean's POV

                   Chapter 3

'Jeez Dean, just go talk to her already instead of pouting like that. It's really not attractive. Well actually it might be but i'm a guy and i'm not gay so i wouldn't know.' My best friend and Beta, Rink said. He had a slight tendancy to ramble so it was usually best to cut him of before he could get into a full flow of one sisded conversation.

I shot him my best 'you're so not funny' look and walked down the hall to the canteen. The students parted for us like the red sea, they were all kinda scard of us because they could still tell there was something slightly different about us even though most of them were only human and the other werewolves had to move out of our way as we out ranked all of them.

I scanned around as we passed but i didn't see her again. Sky. My Sky.

'You've got that pouty look on your face again.' He said, smirking.

I groaned ' Shut up Rink' he just laughed 'I'm so gonna get you back when you find your mate' I grumbled.

'Can't wait' he said dryly but soon his face broke back out into a smile. Rink couldn't stay sad or angry for long, It just wasn't in his nature. Which made him a great bestfriend, but he would always be serious when the situation called for it, which made him a great Beta.

We slid into seats on a table near the corner and talked to other members of the pack that went to school here and were in our year. There weren't many of us but we were still a strong pack. Sat at the table currently were Sophie, Jordan, Alex, Nick, Joe, Kell, Lucia and Hollie. There were older members back at the pack house or out at work and some younger members were sat with friends. We don't all usually sit together but they wanted to hear about the rogue - Sky.

'So have you spoken to her?' Sophia asked. She and Nick were mates as were Kell and Lucia and Hollie and Jordan.

'No he's just stared at her' Rink threw in slyly with a massive grin.

I shot him an 'I'll murder you later' look and said 'I haven't been staring at her-'

Rink snorted but I ignored him and carried on.

'And no, I haven't talked to her. I will do later though'

'Annnnnnnnnd......' Rink supplied.

'And she's my mate.' I couldn't help but smile when I said that.

The whole table burst into cheers and i got slapped on the back by the guys. They all smiled and the girls all shared excited glances with eachother. They were probably thinking of how thrilled they were to be getting a new BFF or something.

Rink started humming the wedding march and i turned to roll my eyes at him when I felt her watching me. I swiveled my head away from Rink to look back at her. Her  gorgeous sapphire eyes met with mine. And I swear it was like my body caught on fire from the inside out, buring away my organs and just leaving traces of her behind.

We were still just looking at eachother intently and I noticed that she look sort of confuesd. Hm. I'm guessing she doesn't know what a mate is then...I'll have to bring that up when we talk later.

After what felt like a life time a girl, Heartly I think, leaned over and poked Sky in her arm. Her head jerked and the turned to look at her friend sheepishly. I frowned softly not liking Heartly too much right now for poking Sky and breaking our eye contact.

'Yep, there it is' I heard Rink say and muffled laughter followed. I turned to look at him with my eyebrow raised.

'There what is?'

He snickered 'Your pouty face was back again'

'Yeah, you looked like a puppy that just got abandoned' Hollie said and made a fake 'pouty' face.

I rolled my eyes at them all because i so did not have an 'abandoned puppy' expression. I was an Alpha for crying out loud!

But then i hear her musical laughter carry across the room and felt my heart give a little squeeze. Yeah, an Alpha who was already bessoted with a girl he hadn't even spoken to yet.

Nick cleared his throught so i turned my attention to him.

'Are you sure we can trust her. Yes, she's your mate but she's still a rogue' he asked.

Before i had a chacne to reply Lucia piped up, 'Yeah but she's not a crazed or feral. She looks like any other, normal, ordinary werewolf.'

I snorted at that, to describe Sky as normal or ordinary seemed instulting. She was cleary outstanding.

They all gave me funny looks but kepy speaking.

'Yeah but looks can be decieving. She could still be planning to kill us all or something' Nick said.

I growled lowly, so only they could hear, but i saw Sky turn to look at me confused for a second as well. Nick cringed slightly.

'Sorry Aplha Dean, but you know we have to consider that she might be a threat.'

I sighed softly, yes i knew that but the idea of treating my mate as is she were a threat was painful.

'I know Nick, i know.'

I placed my elbows on the table and leant my head on my arm.

The bell rang to signal the end of lunch and everyone began to gather their stuff up. I stood up and stretched my sore back, noticing a sly glance off my mate as i did so. I tried not to chuckle but failed miserably. I turned to Rink,

'Hey, i'm gonna go to check the borders, make sure there are no other rogue scents. I'll see you all later.' He nodded and jogged to catch up with the rest of them.

And with a last glance at my beautiful Sky, i jogged outside into the open air to check the borders of my land.

But i'd be back to talk to her later.

We had alot to discuss.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry i know this chapter was kind of dry, but i'll be uploading another chapter tommorow, probably still in Dean's POV, that'll invole him and Sky actually meeting eachother ;)

Not edited yet BTW it's like 2 in the morning and im too tired right now :P

x-Gee-x