Chapter 4

Picture of Heartly on the side (it's pronounced Heartlee btw) ===>

:D

x-Gee-x

------------------------------------------------------

Dean's POV

                  Chapter 4

I kept my eyes peeled as I searched the perimeter of my land in my wolf form. My fur was soft and black which was especially handy when blending in at night time. It was about 8 at night and i'd been checking the borders since i left school earlier.

I was checking for the scent of any other rogues that might have been around here but so far i couldn't smell any. I'd caught a brief scent of Sky about a mile back and had basked in the citrusy smell for a moment before getting back to the task at hand.

Suddenly the wind picked up and carried more scents towards me. One in particular i recognised particulalry well. My paws were instantly running smoothly across the forest floor, eager to reach where she was. All the while i kept thinking of how unsafe it was, the smell was coming from an area close to where my land ended and a brief patch of no man's land began. The patch of no man's land was where a lot of rogues were but it was rare that they would venture onto my turf.

Eventually i came out into a small clearing and immediately heard a small gasp as i broke out through the trees. I turned my head to see her stood barefooted on the crisp grass, which was probably freezing right now. She was staring right at me and the weird feeling from earlier returned to my stomach. Her breath came out in white, wispy huffs and there were frozen trails of tears running from her eyes. It hurt to see her look so sad.

I approached her slowly. She didn't run off which i took as a good sign and soon i was stood right in front of her. Werewolves were huge and Alpha's were even bigger so even when she was stranding up i was still a little taller that her. I bent my head down slightly so i could look at her better.

She looked slightly awed and her eyes were like saucers. I butted my nose softly against her forehead and she let out a surprised, breathless laugh.

'So...I take it your Alpha Woods.' she said softly. Her voice was soothing and calm.

I gave a wolfy grin and nodded my head.

'I might sound a bit pervy when i say this, but you smell really nice' she said witha a crooked grin. She seemed happier now and i felt oddly proud of myself. I made a weird snort that sound like a laugh and lightly head butted her again. She raised her hands slowly; as if afraid i would bolt away from her at any second and began to gently stroke the fur on my neck. I made a soft noise like a purr in the back of my throat and leaned into her hands.

A snap of a twig shattered the peace and i was instantly moving. I swiftly nudged her behind me and stood so i was in front of her, blocking her from view, and faced the direction the snap had come from.

A few seconds of charged silence ensued but nothing emerged from the trees and i couldn't smell anything unusual. Still i needed to get my mate out of here, just incase. I turned my head to look at her, she was staring suspiciously into trees with her eyes narrowed. I turned wholly to face her and nidged her back the way i had come from, she made a surprised squeak but began walking. I didn't like the idea of her walking though when there might be danger around though so a made a loud huff. She turned to look at me a i flicked my head in the direction of my back. She frowned.

'You want me to ride on you back don't you' she asked dryly.

I nodded.

She rolled her eyes. 'Why don't i just shift?'