Chapter 8

Brendon isn't sure how long he could keep up with the facade of being the crazy Uncle of this whole my-bassist-turned-into-a-kid thing.

He knows he's terribly bad at lying that even the kid could see through it. He can't exactly tell the kid 'hey you're actually my bassist friend who turned in to a kid would you believe that' and then just laugh it off.

But the thing he's very concerned about is Dallon's de-aging process.

Not only did his body turn into a kid, but his memories are from his 7 year old self as well. Brendon fears that if this continues, Dallon would never return to normal.

He doesn't know what to do. He doubts Dallon would know what to do if he was in his position but he's pretty sure Dallon would have done a better job than what he's doing right now.

It's been two days since he turned into a kid and if he doesn't change back soon...

"Bren? I'm sleepy."

Brendon turns to the little kid beside him, his small head resting against his lap as they watched television.

"Let's get you to bed then, shall we?"

He turns off the TV and lifts the kid gingerly, tucking him properly into bed. Dallon makes himself cozy against the warm comforter.

"Bren? Can you keep a teeny-weenie secret?" Dallon whispers, even though they're the only ones in the room. It was cute, really.

"So, what is this teeny-weenie secret then?" Brendon smiles a little as he asked back, lying beside the sleepy boy.

Dallon scoots closer to Brendon's side, nuzzling his small body against the older man's chest.

"I don't wanna be forgotten."

Brendon felt his heart clench at the confession. Too young. He's too young to be fearing of something unknown. He's too young to fear of something that he doesn't know the conclusion of.

He's aware that Dallon's parents raised him well, but how could such kid with a young mind be thinking of something like that?

"Why do you think you're going to be forgotten?"

Dallon shifts on the bed. Brendon can't exactly see the kid since the room was dark but he guesses the kid just wanted to get comfortable.

"We had a dog before. Her name was Spotty." Dallon starts, making a little giggle. "She was a really chubby dog."

Spotty was Dallon's best friend for years. She was a cheerful dog, and always Dallon's wake up call in the morning. She was Dallon's company when he cries, licking his tear stained face. Spotty makes Dallon very happy.

"Spotty has this big brown eyes and she always smiles!"

It's obvious this dog had this sentimental value to Dallon. The once sleepy boy sounded like he came alive when they're talking about Spotty.

Brendon softly cards the kid's hair. "So what happened to Spotty?"

The boy's small hand clutches on his shirt. The way he spoke sounded shaky and heart breaking. "M-Ma said Spotty went to a deep sleep one day. But I know what they mean. I know she d-died."

He can hear Dallon make a sniffle, which makes Brendon wrap an arm around the kid in comfort.

"A month after she died, my Ma and Pa already forgot her. And Jordan too. They tell me they'll find a new doggy instead. S-She must be l-lonely t-t-that no one re-remembers her a-anymore." Dallon hiccups against his chest, feeling the wetness on his shirt.