Epilogue

"Nice to have you back, Dallon!"

Kenny, Dan and even Zack greets the bassist with a welcoming hug, and Brendon can't help but stare at him.

Dallon seems to have that glow in him that Brendon hasn't noticed before. He looks happier than Brendon has ever seen him.

He remember his heart skipping a beat the moment he opened his sights that morning to find a full grown Dallon beside him. He thought it was a dream. It felt like his breath was taken away by the overwhelming emotions that started to stir in his chest when he realized it wasn't a dream.

He had to explain to Kenny and Dan that his so-called nephew had to go back home. They were sad about it, but they're pretty okay with it due to Dallon's return.

While Brendon will miss the adorable little giraffe that was in his care, this giraffe is the one he wants.

His heart swells again at thought about the confession that he thought was unheard of. It was pretty embarrassing to know that the other man's smaller version heard that silly confession.

He doesn't think he can have the guts to tell this version of Dallon the truth. Not when Dallon will just leave him eventually. He doesn't think he could take that. He brought this onto himself, anyway. For not valuing Dallon the way he deserves.

It happened before, it's not far off for it to happen again.

And so, he just stares at the taller man with a wistful smile on his lips.

****

He's not avoiding Dallon.

Well, not technically.

Each time Dallon is about to talk to him, someone offers him out somewhere, or that he's being called for an interview. Brendon just takes the safest road from heartbreak and goes with the latter.

So yeah, he's not avoiding Dallon.

But being cornered by the man himself makes him want to.

"Brendon, have I done something? Ever since I changed back to normal, you've been avoiding me." Dallon asked with concern laced in his voice.

Brendon sighs in defeat, and slumps his shoulders. He knows he needs to face it now like a man before it all ends. At least this one will end on a better note.

He hopes so.

"There's something I wanted to ask you about, Dallon."

The way Dallon tilts his head and looks at him with a confused expression like a child is something he shouldn't find adorable in this situation right now that it tugs something on Brendon's chest at how he'll miss it seeing on the older man.

"Do you want to leave the band?" Brendon asked with a heavy heart.

The devastated look that he received from Dallon was not what he was expecting. "Y-You want me to leave?"

Now, this confused Brendon. After that Intel that he heard from Kenny about Dallon's phone call of him, leaving the band... he should have expected the taller man to leave the band once he returns to normal. Brendon told himself that he was gonna let Dallon go once he knows he's safe.

Letting go isn't as easy as it sounds.

"I thought... You wanted to leave the band. You have my permission, if that's what you're waiting for." Brendon says, not exactly looking at Dallon as he did.

They both stand in silence, and this is the type of silence that Brendon isn't fond of.

Talking about this in an isolated hallway isn't exactly what he asked for. He stares at his shoes, as if he's expecting some sort of answer from it. But his thoughts have been nothing but crazy these days. So he'll take what he can get from the other man.

"What if... I don't wanna leave the band?" Dallon announces a moment later, which made Brendon look up at him in shock, but with a mixture of relief.

"Are you sure?" He asked for confirmation, making sure he wasn't just hearing things.

Dallon nods his head to answer the question. He then looks at Brendon's eyes a bit hesitantly. "U-Unless... You want me to leave?"

"N-No! Stay. I want you to stay." He says a bit too fast, giving Dallon a sheepish look. "I-I just thought... You wanted to leave. Kenneth heard that phone call you had with your Mom and I--"

"Wait, what? What phone call?" Dallon interjects, giving him a confused expression.

Brendon starts hesitantly. "You know... The one about... leaving Panic?"

Okay. So he said it. But does the older man really had to rub it in him how embarrassing the things he's been saying? The other man just laughs at him. There seems to be tears at the corner of his eyes.

He's gonna punch him.

"It's not what you think!" Dallon wheezes, his hands over his stomach for laughing out loud. If it weren't so cute on the other man, he would have kicked his ass.

"Okay, then talk." He demands as he crosses his arms and gives the other man a glare.

Once he calms himself down, Dallon smiles at him cheekily. "Mom wanted to me to leave the band so we can have a bit of vacation for a while."

The taller man's smile then morphs into a beautiful, blinding grin. "But I declined. Because this is where I wanna be. And she understood."

Brendon wanted to punch this man in the mouth with his lips.

"So, you're staying." He stated, as he can't help but return the grin that Dallon is giving him.

Dallon nods solemnly, before approaching Brendon's space and connects their mouths together, before Brendon even realized it was actually happening.

In that moment, Brendon wonders if this is how those girls in chick flicks feel like. It's as if the world slows, and quiets down around them with only the sound of their beating hearts creating a beautiful sound, making it into one harmonious melody.

It sounds so cheesy as hell, but it doesn't stop his heart from fluttering.

Brendon has kissed different people in his lifetime, but none of them felt like this. It was a short, but sweet kiss that Brendon will crave now more than he should.

"What can I say?" Dallon whispers huskily after catching their breaths, leaning his forehead against his. "I like you so much, Brendon. You have no idea."

Looks like that phrase is gonna be their thing from now on, for more than its worth.

For the people around them, they have no idea.

****

[A/N: and that, is the official end of this story. Thank you all so much for the support and the wonderful comments! When I wrote this fic, I didn't think it would be such a big hit. And I didn't think it would last 15k+ words. It's been a fun and amazing journey to write this story.

I have more Brallon stories in store for you guys, so I hope you check it out!

It saddens me to finish this fic, and I'll miss it very much. But hey, every ending is a new beginning! Just like Dallon and Bren in this story!

Thanks again, and I wish you all a happy day!]