How You Lost Your Innocence

Hello? Anyone in there? 

Don't try to lie, you wanted to do it long before it finally happened. Every night you got to hold him close, but it never was enough. 

You could hardly stand to not be in contact with him, you were constantly touching him in one way or another, whether it be surprise kisses or simple hand squeezing. Not that he was complaining though, since he was as addicted to your touch as you were to his. It really was as adorable as it was gross. 

The day you found yourself in that awkward and slightly hairy situation was the best day of your life. Or, night. Whatever it was, it really was the best, don't try to deny it. 

So much was going on. Your group lost the prison, lost each other, you and Carl were forced to watch Rick almost die from the beating he got, and to top it all off, your group just barely escaped Terminus with nothing more than a few scratches and heavy hearts. 

It was time to take a breath, just a small break from all the craziness. Your group found that small, one room church with the shady priest, and that was the break you needed. Just a day or two for the adults to figure out what to do, and for you and Carl to spend time sitting and doing absolutely nothing for once in so many months. 

It was nice to just sit and talk to Carl while you both hovered over a cooing Judith. While a group was out to scavenge for food, you two talked about everything and anything other than survival which was a topic that occupied most of your conversations at that time. 

When your group returned with the much needed food, you celebrated that night. The food was good, the laughter was rich, but nothing was better then when you found yourself on your back deep in the woods, away from unwanted eyes, with the love of your life hovering a few inches above you. 

The innocent pecks you two gave each other during dinner turned into something much more heated when you went outside to get some air. The tension was thick between you two, and right when you stepped outside Carl pushed you up against the thick wooden door. He held your wrists above your head and kissed your lips with a strong sense of urgency. You both were already panting by the time you turned your head to the side several minutes later. Your boyfriend huffed, trying to kiss you again, but you only giggled and squirmed from under his grip. 

Carl smiled down at you and bit his lip, his eyes scanning over your unwashed face. You could have sworn that if his body wasn't pressed tightly against yours, keeping you upright against the wood, you would have fallen over at the sight of his plumped lips, blushed cheeks, and messed up hair. 

Desire burned deep within you, engulfed all your senses, blocked out any common sense. Your heart skipped a beat when Carl backed away from you, letting the cold night air chill your bones. You shuddered as he took your cold hand in his warm one. 

With a small, reassuring smile on his lips, Carl walked backwards, down the stairs, and into the tree line, all the while you were trailing along, your only contact with him being the tips of your fingers to his. 

Your breathing became irregular when Carl turned around and started looking around the trees. You glanced around the dark woods, keeping an eye out for any walkers. You didn't notice Carl stopped and you accidentally ran into him. The contact sent a jolt through your already tense body. Carl turned to you and laughed at your clumsiness, stepping closer.

He ran a hand over your cheek, finally settling it on your neck. His smile faded as he looked into your eyes. 

"Is this ok?" He whispered. 

With your voice all but gone, you could do nothing but nod, your eyes widening as he nodded back. He took a deep breath and leaned in to kiss you again. 

You both slowly dropped to your knees, and a few minutes later, you were on your back on the forest floor, your legs separated by the weight of the boy with the blue eyes. He kissed you passionately, but you could tell he was nervous.

You were nervous too. Worry and guilt and anxiousness clouded your head, but when Carl reached for the zipper of your jeans, one particular thought broke through the madness, one that told you that you were ready for whatever was to happen. 

Your shirt was taken off your body, leaving you unprotected from the cold air. An overwhelming sense of pride made your heart swell as Carl's eyes scanned over your bare chest and stomach. The look in his eyes made you feel as if you were glowing, you weren't self conscious at all. His fingers left behind a trail of goosebumps as they traced over the sensitive skin on your neck and chest. You felt beautiful, wanted, and most of all, you felt loved. 

His soft eyes met yours again, and with one of your hands tightly gripping his bicep and the other delicately placed around the nape of his neck, you pulled his face toward yours and got a taste of his lips. This particular kiss, though, was very different from every other you shared with him. 

It wasn't the rebellious make outs you had, or the innocent pecks you exchanged when Rick's back was turned. This time, it was painfully slow. You just melted into him, ready to give in completely. 

He slowly dragged his tongue across your bottom lip, but before you could open your mouth and deepen the kiss, he pulled his head up to look at you again. 

"I love you." He said breathlessly. 

After a moment of surprise, a huge smile spread across your lips. 

"I love you." You said in return. 

Carl let out a little breath of relief, and with those six words still hanging in the air, you arched your back and let him unhook your bra.